NEW and Planned Releases from Flying Leathernecks - Update 3/25/21 : Shipping Notice!

3 hours ago, stalal said:

Dave, great work. Might be a stupid question. Will the set also include decals? Thanks 

Not at the moment. However, I've learned from another modeler that the stripes from my currently out of print sheet, FL48005, fit the 48th scale Mk-82's I've released. I may do another print run, or break up the sheet to include decals in future sets. Still up in the air at the moment. Spruebrothers has 5 of those sheets left at the moment. 

3 hours ago, BN7149 said:

Just ordered your GBU-32's to model this jet last week, LOL... Guess I know where to get my BRU55's from now!

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/82/170607-N-FE442-006_(35183312286).jpg/1280px-170607-N-FE442-006_(35183312286).jpg

Thank you for the support and I'll be posting an update regarding the BRU-55 later this week.

1 hour ago, Breaddy-Stack said:

After Attack Squadron shuttered having a new BRU-55 option is great. Really excited to see what 2021 offers in the scale ordnance world. Keep up the good work!

Lots of lots of things that go boom! With three fellow modelers and a fellow Marine helping out with CAD work, the line is going to grow a lot this year. Hell, I'm actually going to get back to decals too!  

38 minutes ago, USAFsparkchaser said:

In that image is that a -32 mounted on outboard pylon or a -38?

Should be a 32. Looks a little smaller since it is set back further on that outboard pylon without the BRU55. 

7 hours ago, Dave Roof said:

Not at the moment. However, I've learned from another modeler that the stripes from my currently out of print sheet, FL48005, fit the 48th scale Mk-82's I've released. I may do another print run, or break up the sheet to include decals in future sets. Still up in the air at the moment. Spruebrothers has 5 of those sheets left at the moment. 

I have this decal sheet! So thats great then. I will look forward to buy the set from you 🙂

• Dave Roof changed the title to NEW and Planned Releases from Flying Leathernecks - Update 1/13/21 : Mk-82 with BSU-86 released
  • Dave Roof changed the title to NEW and Planned Releases from Flying Leathernecks - Update 1/16/21 : FL48008 Desert Storm Hornets
After months of delays and several changes and corrections, sheet FL48008 is finally on the way and the pre-order link is back open!
Many changes have been made to the sheet based on additional photos and notes provided by several Marines that were attached to the squadrons during Desert Storm. The size of the sheet was also increased from a 5.5 x 8.5 inch sized sheet to 8.5 x 11 inch sheet.

In addition, we have provided different sized tail markings to fit both the Hasegawa and Kinetic Hornets, as well as increased the number of options from 15 to 17.
The placement guides will be thorough and include ordnance configuration charts covering the multitude of loads flown during the war. These are in progress and still have a way to go, but we're working to make sure everything is accurately covered before sending them off to print.

For those that have already pre-ordered this sheet, all of your orders are filed and your sheets will be shipped as soon as they're ready to ship. Currently, we are looking at a late February, early March release.

Our sincere thanks to the following Marines and individuals for their assistance over the past several months to get this right :

MajGen Kevin "Wolfy" Iiams, CG 3rd MAW (flew with VMFA-451)

LtCol Jay "Guinness" Stout USMC Ret. (451)

LtCol Vic "Clam" Simpson USMC Ret. (232 CO)

LtCol Juergen "Baron" Lukas USMC Ret. (314)

LtCol Joe "Crip" Riley USMC Ret. (212)

Maj Mike "Evil Frog" Pedersen USMC Ret. (121 WSO)

Maj Robert "Boomer" Knutzen USMC Ret. (314)

Scott Baker (232)

Matt Voss (212)

Randall Hinkley (232)

Todd Jurena (232)

Joe Marshall (121)

David F Brown

Jakub Cikhart

John Colvin

Christopher Bienvenu

No photo description available.
Edited by Dave Roof
  • 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, RCarlson said:

Just got a set of the Mk-82's with the BSU-86 fins and they are beautiful Dave! Looking forward to seeing more. Any hope of scaling the BSU-86 fins down to 1/72? I just finished some Skyhawks that I wanted those for so bad.

They've been available in 72nd scale for a bit....https://www.flyingleathernecksdecals.com/p/fl172-2035-mk-82-500lb-bombs-with-bsu-86-fins---thermally-protected

Hey Dave,

I know you mainly focus on USMC stuff, but would you consider doing the Next Generation Jammer for the Growler?

Mid Band

https://www.c4isrnet.com/electronic-warfare/2019/11/04/what-makes-the-navys-next-generation-jammer-so-powerful/

Low Band

https://www.navair.navy.mil/news/Navy-Awards-Next-Generation-Jammer-Low-Band-Contract/Fri-12182020-1730

One looks like a non aerodynamic fuel tank and another one looks like an update to the ALQ-99.

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Blain said:

Hey Dave,

I know you mainly focus on USMC stuff, but would you consider doing the Next Generation Jammer for the Growler?

Mid Band

https://www.c4isrnet.com/electronic-warfare/2019/11/04/what-makes-the-navys-next-generation-jammer-so-powerful/

Low Band

https://www.navair.navy.mil/news/Navy-Awards-Next-Generation-Jammer-Low-Band-Contract/Fri-12182020-1730

One looks like a non aerodynamic fuel tank and another one looks like an update to the ALQ-99.

Thanks!

Honestly? No. I would probably leave that to someone like Mike Reeves over at Phase Hangar as it would tie in nicely with his other Super Hornet items. 

Received my Flying Leathernecks 1/48 AV-8B Harrier Heads Up Display, item FL48-8001.

I'll let the pictures do the talking, but suffice to say, it's exquisite...

BU9FoUn.jpg

A2Lwuuu.jpg

frD22nD.jpg

The resins used for the print are semi translucent and don't photograph well, so the part was given a light coat of Mr. Finishing Surfacer 1500. Here's an image of the real deal for reference...

Cy0u6QE.jpg

7 hours ago, RichB63 said:

Received my Flying Leathernecks 1/48 AV-8B Harrier Heads Up Display, item FL48-8001.

I'll let the pictures do the talking, but suffice to say, it's exquisite...

A2Lwuuu.jpg

The resins used for the print are semi translucent and don't photograph well, so the part was given a light coat of Mr. Finishing Surfacer 1500.

A few things......

First, thank you for the kind words regarding the set, they are very much appreciated!

Second, the resin is actually opaque. The part is simply so thin it appears to be translucent. Not really an issue, just wanted to clarify.

Third and most importantly............Great photos! I really need to get this part down or just send you one each of everything I've produced so you can take the pictures! 😄 

On 1/27/2021 at 4:05 PM, Dave Roof said:

Honestly? No. I would probably leave that to someone like Mike Reeves over at Phase Hangar as it would tie in nicely with his other Super Hornet items. 

Thanks for responding.  I've come to the conclusion that the Growler is kind of a niche market as far as aftermarket.  

12 hours ago, Dave Roof said:

A few things......

First, thank you for the kind words regarding the set, they are very much appreciated!

Second, the resin is actually opaque. The part is simply so thin it appears to be translucent. Not really an issue, just wanted to clarify.

Third and most importantly............Great photos! I really need to get this part down or just send you one each of everything I've produced so you can take the pictures! 😄 

Hi Dave,

Nothing fancy about my photo set up: blue poster board background, a couple of cheap desk lamps positioned near to the subject for optimal lighting and, as for the camera, it’s my iPhone 12.

And trust me, when it comes to photography I’m a complete novice. So if I can do it, anybody can. But feel free to contact me via pm if you have any questions. And keep up the great work...love your stuff!

Rich

• Dave Roof changed the title to NEW and Planned Releases from Flying Leathernecks - Update 2/7/21 : FL72002 Marine Aviation Combat Element

A few glasses of bourbon and several hours on Corel and a new sheet is laid out and ready to go!

Swore not to do 72nd again, but several requests convinced me. I also have some of these kits and better decals would be nice.

https://www.flyingleathernecksdecals.com/p/fl72002-marine-aviation-combat-element---pre-order

May be an image of text that says 'FL72002 Marine Aviation Combat Element KC-130F, F/A-18D, EA-6B, AV-8B Plus, MV-22B, AH-IZ, CH-53E, UH-IN 803 GR GR GR GR 803 9803 803 803 9803 UNITED STATES MARINES 149803 UNITED STATES MARINES VMGRT- NEVER VMGRT-25 PEDERSEN 164049 164049 MARINES MARINES VK VK MARINES VMFA(AW) -121 VMFA (AW)- 121 158542 Θο 1585420 C VMAQ-I 03 03 VMAQ- MARINES MARINES MARINES 03 03 MARINES VMA MARINES MM-163 MARINES MARINES VMM-163 168004 03 03 168004 ç 169254 169254 42 MARINES MARINES 8004 03 EN HMH-464 CONDORS 8004 CONDORS HMH-464 161542 07 07 158549 158549 MARINES MARINES MARINES 22 22 MARINES EN HTTS:/WWWYILETHENEDECES.OM YRIGT202FLYNGEE'

May be an image of text that says 'KC-130F 149803 VMGRT-253 'TITANS' MCAS Cherry Point, NC January 2006 11803 GR 9803 UNITED STATES MARINES'

• Dave Roof changed the title to NEW and Planned Releases from Flying Leathernecks - Update 3/25/21 : Shipping Notice!