NEW and Planned Releases from Flying Leathernecks - Update 3/25/21 : Shipping Notice!

Hello Dave, I just noticed the Mk-82 with BSU-86 fins in 72 scale. What a pleasant surprise. I was cursing kit manufacturers for years for not getting them right. Any plans on doing them without thermal protection? Otherwise I have to add the fins to the regular kit bomb bodies and vice versa. Do you ship to Germany? What would be the postal rate if I ordered 4 packs?

Thanks

Michael

1 hour ago, SCOUT712 said:

Hello Dave, I just noticed the Mk-82 with BSU-86 fins in 72 scale. What a pleasant surprise. I was cursing kit manufacturers for years for not getting them right. Any plans on doing them without thermal protection? Otherwise I have to add the fins to the regular kit bomb bodies and vice versa. Do you ship to Germany? What would be the postal rate if I ordered 4 packs?

Thanks

Michael

Michael,

I will be doing the non-coated bombs shortly and hope to have them on the site by the end of the weekend. I do ship to Germany and the small boxes they ship in average about $15 +/- to ship. However, I charge a flat rate of $14 through the web site. Shipping through Ebay is set at $15.00 to help with their selling fees. 

30 minutes ago, Dave Roof said:

Michael,

I will be doing the non-coated bombs shortly and hope to have them on the site by the end of the weekend. I do ship to Germany and the small boxes they ship in average about $15 +/- to ship. However, I charge a flat rate of $14 through the web site. Shipping through Ebay is set at $15.00 to help with their selling fees. 

Perfect, you can expect an order soon!

Thanks

Michael

Coming in the next round of decals after the current batch are completed will be sheet FL48023.

8.5 x 11 inch sheet with markings for six Hornets.

Designed specifically for the Hasegawa 1/48 F/A-18 kits, this sheet will be released in the next round of sheets after our current batch, which are being printed now.

After trying multiple variations, there was simply no way to get the black checkers to line up on the kit tails to match the aircraft. The checkers are 6 inch square like the real one's, they just don't line up exactly where they're supposed to. Regardless of how I would have approached this, something would have been 'wrong'.

Slight adjustments also needed to be made to both the VMFA-122 and VMFA-323 tail markings.

Why for the Hasegawa kit? Simply put, the tails are more proportionately correct than the Kinetic tails, even though both have size issues.

No photo description available.

• Dave Roof changed the title to NEW and Planned Releases from Flying Leathernecks - Update 2/14/21 : FL48023 Leatherneck Legacy Hornets
3 hours ago, Thadeus said:

Nice ones. I loved -134 in desert camo. Saw a picture of one in a magazine a looong time ago. Could You build one from this sheet?

No, but the camouflaged VMFA-134 Hornets will be on a future sheet.

FL48024 Leathernecks Legacy Hornets II

27 years later and thanks to Facebook, I've been able to put together the markings for the F/A-18D's of VMFA(AW)-332 as they appeared during their deployment to Aviano Air Base in 1994/95. This was in support of Operations Deny Flight and Provide Promise.

On 21 November 1994, VMFA(AW)-332 callsign "MISTR", led the largest air strike in NATO history up to that date as coalition forces attacked the Serbian held air base at Ubdina in Croatia. All twelve F/A-18D's assigned to the squadron during this deployment are included.

Also included are options for the following :

F/A-18C and F/A-18D from VMFA-312, currently deployed to Iwakuni Japan.

F/A-18C from VMFA-323 USS Constellation Operation Iraqi Freedom 2003. This aircraft, flown by then Capt Nate Miller, was the first Marine Corps F/A-18 to fire the AGM-84H SLAM-ER in anger on March 22.

F-18A from VMFA-531 Exercise Bright Star Cairo, Egypt 1985. This aircraft is painted in the original 36495/36375/35237 paint scheme.

F/A-18D ATARS from VMFA(AW)-332 as it appeared during the squadrons deployment to Taszar Air Base, Hungary in support of Operations Allied Force and Joint Guardian. This deployment marked the combat debut of the ATARS system.

F/A-18C from VMFA-122 MCAS Beaufort, SC 2016.

Some elements are provided for both the Hasegawa and Kinetic F/A-18 kits and there will be a small addendum sheet with other tail markings designed to fit the Kinetic tail. Also on the addendum will be more national insignia and intake warning chevrons.

May be an image of airplane and text that says 'LEATHERN Leatherneck Legacy Hornets Il US Marine Corps F/A-18A/C/D Hornets FL48024 "MARINES'
16 minutes ago, Breaddy-Stack said:

Real excited for these! I know the last sheet you showed was for the Hasegawa kit because of the checkerboards’ tail, are these recommended for any particular kit?

The VMFA-122 tail markings are sized for both the Hasegawa and Kinetic kits. While the rest of the tail markings on the main sheet are designed to fit the Hasegawa kit, there will be an addendum sheet with those tail markings sized to fit Kinetic's kit. 

• Dave Roof changed the title to NEW and Planned Releases from Flying Leathernecks - Update 2/18/21 : Aerodyne 15-KS-1000 RATO Bottles

Hello Dave

Sorry if this has been asked before.

Do you have planned a resin update for the rear IP and coaming for the Kinetic F-18D?; I'm interested in the ATARS  one.

Regards

Carlos

13 minutes ago, cruiz said:

Hello Dave

Sorry if this has been asked before.

Do you have planned a resin update for the rear IP and coaming for the Kinetic F-18D?; I'm interested in the ATARS  one.

Regards

Carlos

Yes, a corrected WSO instrument panel cover, as well as a few other cockpit details are coming for both the Hasegawa and Kinetic F/A-18D kits.

9 hours ago, Dave Roof said:

Yes, a corrected WSO instrument panel cover, as well as a few other cockpit details are coming for both the Hasegawa and Kinetic F/A-18D kits.

While you are working on things for the Kinetic Hornet, have you entertained the thought of releasing correct vertical stabs?

12 hours ago, Da SWO said:

How difficult is it to do the CAD?

It really all depends on the individual and what needs to be designed. As an example, after a lot of trial and error, I was able to create this GBU-32 No photo description available.

However, I really struggled with the shapes of the nose and tail fairings of the MER/TER and had to ask someone to help design them. No photo description available.

What's frustrating for me personally is some stuff I grasp pretty fast, while other stuff just completely stumps me. 

9 hours ago, Sarathi S. said:

Dave, what timeframe are BSU-86 tailkits accurate for?

Late 80's to current day.

8 hours ago, okthree said:

While you are working on things for the Kinetic Hornet, have you entertained the thought of releasing correct vertical stabs?

Yes, but no. Same for the Hasegawa tails. While they're both 'wrong' when compared to the real item, they're both proportionately correct for their respective kits. If they were 'corrected', they wouldn't look right on the kits. 

On 2/17/2021 at 2:23 AM, Dave Roof said:
FL48024 Leathernecks Legacy Hornets II

27 years later and thanks to Facebook, I've been able to put together the markings for the F/A-18D's of VMFA(AW)-332 as they appeared during their deployment to Aviano Air Base in 1994/95. This was in support of Operations Deny Flight and Provide Promise.

On 21 November 1994, VMFA(AW)-332 callsign "MISTR", led the largest air strike in NATO history up to that date as coalition forces attacked the Serbian held air base at Ubdina in Croatia. All twelve F/A-18D's assigned to the squadron during this deployment are included.

A must buy for me, awesome!

This also reminds me, what is the current status of FL32004 Death Dealing Deltas? The sheet has markings for some jets that took part in Deliberate Force and Allied Force.

4 hours ago, Hrvoje said:

A must buy for me, awesome!

This also reminds me, what is the current status of FL32004 Death Dealing Deltas? The sheet has markings for some jets that took part in Deliberate Force and Allied Force.

Coming in the next batch after several changes and adjustments to the artwork. 

A couple test prints of the JATO bottles. Preliminary work on new Deflector Doors with corrected mounts for the bottles has been started. 

Master CAD work by Ralph Batykefer

Fire up those KC-130 Fat Albert models!

I see you now have LAU-68 rocket pods, but they are empty. Do you plan on doing these with rockets loaded as well? Also, will they be available in 1/72? I could really use several of these with both the older unguided rockets and with the newer APKWS. Thanks!

4 hours ago, Dave Roof said:

A couple test prints of the JATO bottles. Preliminary work on new Deflector Doors with corrected mounts for the bottles has been started. 

Master CAD work by Ralph Batykefer

Fire up those KC-130 Fat Albert models!

Italeri or will this work on all 130 kits.

JATO/RATO mounts a separate order ? or part of the bottle kit?

13 hours ago, bdt13 said:

I see you now have LAU-68 rocket pods, but they are empty. Do you plan on doing these with rockets loaded as well? Also, will they be available in 1/72? I could really use several of these with both the older unguided rockets and with the newer APKWS. Thanks!

Yes, they're on the list and will make it into the line up in the not too distant future.

8 hours ago, Da SWO said:

Italeri or will this work on all 130 kits.

JATO/RATO mounts a separate order ? or part of the bottle kit?

In 48th, Italeri is the only choice. In 72nd, they 'should' work with any C-130 kit. The mounts will be included with the bottles.

• Dave Roof changed the title to NEW and Planned Releases from Flying Leathernecks - Update 3/25/21 : Shipping Notice!