NEW and Planned Releases from Flying Leathernecks - Update 3/25/21 : Shipping Notice!

• Dave Roof changed the title to NEW and Planned Releases from Flying Leathernecks - Update 2/22/21 : LAU-7/A-6 Missile Launcher
First test print of the 1/48 LAU-7/A-6 Missile Launcher.

We can say with confidence these will be the most accurate renditions of this launcher ever produced and even include the Detent Holdback Pin, which is always present on the launcher.

CAD work was done by none other than Richard VanZandt, the current world champion of pylons and launchers!

Created with reference material provided by myself and Gerry Whiteside.

When all is said and done, there will be four different versions of this launcher in all four scales......1/72, 1/48, 1/32 and 1/35. I might even knock out a couple in 18th scale!

The four launchers will be the following :

LAU-7/A-5 for the F-4 Phantom
LAU-7/A-5 for all USN/USMC aircraft
LAU-7/A-6 (shown in photo)
LAU-7D/A

No photo description available.
  • Dave Roof changed the title to NEW and Planned Releases from Flying Leathernecks - Update 2/25/21 : Canopy/Wheel mask for Hobbyboss MV-22
  • Dave Roof changed the title to NEW and Planned Releases from Flying Leathernecks - Update 2/27/21 : LAU-7 Missile Launchers

A sheet we've been working on for a while now is getting closer to being completed. This morning I received 43 photos from VMFA-242 covering their Command Jet, as well as information on the font they used for the tail code and modex. 

Squadron markings information for VMFA-314 was provided by their first CO, LtCol Hinton and coverage of the combat jets from VMFA-211 was provided by a friend in the squadron, Capt Nick K. VMFA-122 references were sent by Capt Emily H. OpsO's and Airframes SNCOIC's from the other squadrons assisted with photos and sizing information for their respective aircraft.

Artwork is currently sized to fit the Kittyhawk kit, but may be tweaked to fit the new Italeri kit that is supposed to be released this year. This sheet will be finalized and sent to print once the Italeri kit is in hand and the necessary adjustments are made. Complete maintenance markings for two aircraft will be included.

May be an image of food

Just one sample of the 43 photos VMFA-242 sent over to us!

No photo description available.

Edited by Dave Roof
1 hour ago, Niels said:

Looks very nice! 

But isn't the Italeri kit 1:32 and Kitty Hawk 1:48? Or did I miss something? 

Italeri has announced a new tool 1/48th kit for release this year. If it's based on their 72nd kit, it should be quite nice. While the Academy kit is the better of the three available in 72nd, Italeri's isn't bad.

• Dave Roof changed the title to NEW and Planned Releases from Flying Leathernecks - Update 3/9/21 : FL48017 USMC F-35B/C Lightnings

Hi, Dave.

Nice LAU-7's.

Could you please produce some Navy style F-4 inboard pylons for them?

When I started (but did not finish yet😔) the 1/48 F-4J's last year, I was disappointed with the Hasegawa Navy style pylons.

Really depressing to think that if I built an F-4B using the F-4J and the Royale Resin conversion I'd still be stuck with those pylons. 

I have an aftermarket set (I think Aerobonus) but it's not really good...a very skinny pylon and no attachment point for the LAU-7's.

Navy style inner pylons would also be really useful for someone who wants to build an F-4C from before  1967.

I'd have to check, but I think even "Operation Bolo" was with Navy style inner pylons.

So, one could be the proud owner of a ZM (or future Tamiya) F-4C and still be looking for Navy style pylons.

I realise it may be hard to produce a set that goes with any brand of F-4, but I'd rather take my chances adapting a set meant for say the ZM kit to go on the Hasegawa kit.  

Cheers, Stefan.

P.S. You are not used to seeing orders from me, but I buy my Flying Leathernecks products from the 48'ers now to avoid any hassle with customs.   

On 3/10/2021 at 5:48 AM, Stefan buysse said:

Hi, Dave.

Nice LAU-7's.

Could you please produce some Navy style F-4 inboard pylons for them?

When I started (but did not finish yet😔) the 1/48 F-4J's last year, I was disappointed with the Hasegawa Navy style pylons.

Really depressing to think that if I built an F-4B using the F-4J and the Royale Resin conversion I'd still be stuck with those pylons. 

I have an aftermarket set (I think Aerobonus) but it's not really good...a very skinny pylon and no attachment point for the LAU-7's.

Navy style inner pylons would also be really useful for someone who wants to build an F-4C from before  1967.

I'd have to check, but I think even "Operation Bolo" was with Navy style inner pylons.

So, one could be the proud owner of a ZM (or future Tamiya) F-4C and still be looking for Navy style pylons.

I realise it may be hard to produce a set that goes with any brand of F-4, but I'd rather take my chances adapting a set meant for say the ZM kit to go on the Hasegawa kit.  

Cheers, Stefan.

P.S. You are not used to seeing orders from me, but I buy my Flying Leathernecks products from the 48'ers now to avoid any hassle with customs.   

Those are definitely something we'll look into after the AV-8B pylons. We're also planning on pylons for the A-6A/E and EA-6B as well. 

No worries about the orders as I'd prefer you support Ilias.

Just received my ordnance today.

Less than two weeks shipping to Scotland🤩 

BSU-85 & -86

LGTR

LAU-7

LAU-68 pods

Some of the best quality aftermarket items I have ever seen. Seriously fine details and quality, packaging and presentation. Look out Eduard

Thank you

Mark

41 minutes ago, Rocketdrvr said:

Which rails are correct for use on the Trumpeter AV-8B Night Harrier?

LAU-7/A-6 (042) and is provided in the description as 'All USN/USMC aircraft 1988 to present'. 

For those of you in the UK, Hannants just placed an order/re-stock for almost the entire line of decals, resin, masks and vinyl sets. I'm packing it now and will have it shipped shortly. Should be in stock within a month if there are no unexpected delays during shipment.

• Dave Roof changed the title to NEW and Planned Releases from Flying Leathernecks - Update 3/25/21 : Shipping Notice!