F-14 Group Build?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Will you participate in a F-14 Group Build?

• Yes, I feel the need, the need for speed
    • No, I hit my head on the canopy

Since the Tomcat tuned 50, I thought it was a good  idea for a group build, and put it to a poll. 

The concept for this group build is to honor one of the coolest aircraft that ever punched a hole in the sky.  In the past few years there have been many new kits released of F-14s not to mention decals .  The goal of this group build is bust out those Tomcat models and build a few.

Here is what I propose:

Any F-14 kit is fine, as long as it's not started 

I think to broaden it more we can do what-ifs

I suggest this GB runs until Sept 22, 2021 which was the final flight of the Tomcat.   

I would like to begin Jan 4, 2021 or soon after  reaching 25 yes votes  in order to maintain interest.

I will volunteer to Mod, but would like to ask for at least one other to help, incase of life etc....

I'm still convinced ARC needs to have an open ended F-14 group build. Why limit it to a time frame-it seems to be the most popular plane here. I have the Hasegawa 48 kit in the stash and I'm sure I could never finish it in 8 months with working for a living interfering with my free time.

On 12/27/2020 at 11:05 PM, WymanV said:

....never finish it in 8 months with working for a living interfering with my free time.

I hate it when that happens.....

I have the same issue. Plenty of time to buy, never any time to build. I moved two years ago to somewhere where the winters are intolerable for working on 1/1 scale cars outside, so I just finally got my model desk up and running. Ive worked on a model more in the last few days than in the last year. 

I cant tell you how many I have bought in the meantime, with good intentions.... 😄

On 12/27/2020 at 11:05 PM, WymanV said:

I'm still convinced ARC needs to have an open ended F-14 group build. Why limit it to a time frame-it seems to be the most popular plane here. I have the Hasegawa 48 kit in the stash and I'm sure I could never finish it in 8 months with working for a living interfering with my free time.

I think the original should have an end date as we could have a competition and such.  If it proves popular then extend from there on....

It appears to be some interest to at least get it started

1 hour ago, Darren Roberts said:

I'd love to join, but the only problem is I gave up my hosting site. I really wish we could post directly here like FB and HS. It would be so much easier than going through a hosting site. I know, I know. I'm being whiny! 😄

Imgur is fairly easy to use, it’s what I use

7 hours ago, crackerjazz said:

Open it up to partially-started builds, pleeease, eraucubsfan?   It's the 50th anniversary - this is just the boost I need to continue working on mine and strive to make it to the finish line this time.   I'm sure I'm not the only one?

Thats fine with me

17 hours ago, phantom said:

Have not heard from Steve, I suggest you just start a page and hopefully he can set up your admin later.

How?

Try Pm ing Steve. I am at work and cant do emails for some reason. Sorry, but he and the other old GB mods are the only one with "the power" to grant access. I never had it.