F-14 Group Build?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Will you participate in a F-14 Group Build?

• Yes, I feel the need, the need for speed
    • No, I hit my head on the canopy

On 1/4/2021 at 10:57 PM, crackerjazz said:

Open it up to partially-started builds, pleeease, eraucubsfan?   It's the 50th anniversary - this is just the boost I need to continue working on mine and strive to make it to the finish line this time.   I'm sure I'm not the only one?

On 1/5/2021 at 6:28 AM, eraucubsfan said:

Thats fine with me

Opening up the GB to partially started builds, although not in the spirit of starting a build on a designated date, may increase participation. I was going to do a Tamiya F-14A that I have that I have not yet started. I also have a Tamiya D that I went as far as assembling the cockpit then stopped. Although I wouldn’t mind building the A, I would like to finish a kit I have started before diving into another. As crackerjazz said, this GB would be the kick in the rear to finish that kit and clear one off the “Island of Misfit Builds” aka the Shelf of Doom.  

3 hours ago, okthree said:

Opening up the GB to partially started builds, although not in the spirit of starting a build on a designated date, may increase participation. I was going to do a Tamiya F-14A that I have that I have not yet started. I also have a Tamiya D that I went as far as assembling the cockpit then stopped. Although I wouldn’t mind building the A, I would like to finish a kit I have started before diving into another. As crackerjazz said, this GB would be the kick in the rear to finish that kit and clear one off the “Island of Misfit Builds” aka the Shelf of Doom.  

He is running the GB , its his rules.

F-14 GB forum is set up....PM me if you need anything further.

PM me through the forums is better than e-mailing me.

I have added Shawn (phantom) as a moderator because he is the wise man on the hill here on ARC.

Would this qualify, eraucubsfan?  Here's where I'm at with my Top Gun F-14 twin build.   Cockpits are done save for the ejection seats and IP shrouds.   Intakes, exhausts and fuel tanks are painted up and main hulls glued together but will need some re-scribing due to sanding.  Have to look for the clear parts which I've misplaced.   I wanted to add scratchbuilt canopy details, add a flight crew, paint/weather the hulls properly and mount them in-flight on a base.   With my track record even a year is too short -- yes, even on a Tamiya F-14  : )     but it being the 50th I intend to keep plugging away until I get them done for the deadline.    

img%5D

13 hours ago, Cool Hand said:

How can you change sig banners? I can't figure out how to do it on here after the forum software was changed.

Click on your user name at the top of the page 

Click on account settings

On the account settings page, "signature" should be the last option on the left 

2 hours ago, Spectre711 said:

We're doing this like the previous GBs were we have our own build thread going correct?

Of course. Just start a new thread here, like we always have.

• phantom pinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

Would anyone be interested in turning this into a competition?  

Rules would be that you have to post a WIP of the build and the build must be completed by the deadline which is Sept 22.  I would start a separate thread for the competition and ask that you post 1 or 2 pics for it.   I have an idea for at least a trophy and maybe a prize package.   

Just remember there are no points for second place and the plaque for the alternates is in the ladies room 🙂    

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you everyone who is participating so far, I know there is a lot going on in the world today, so thank you for taking the time to "Feel The Need for Speed"

I promise I will get started on my Tomcat(s) soon, I need to clear off some projects first.  

If you are new to the group build, and if you want put the banner for the build in your signature block and help promote it that would be awesome  🙂   

• 4 weeks later...

Greetings everyone, long time lurker here but have never posted. I saw the Tomcat group build and thought it’d be a great time to throw in a first post. Today I received my GWH 1/72 Sunset D model and just got started. I have to say so far I am very impressed. Everything I haven’t read to this point is spot-on...fit and detail is top notch. Nothing too exciting at this point, I should have more to come soon. Great to finally get a post on here! 

1F6E76A4-39D1-4839-AC8E-0DE5D70D4E5E.jpeg