F-14 Group Build?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Will you participate in a F-14 Group Build?

• Yes, I feel the need, the need for speed
    • No, I hit my head on the canopy

That workbench is a sure sign of a MAD MAN! LOL, JK....envious here. Welcome!

(My cramped workbench...I'll have room to expand when we haul another 500 lb of junk out of our basement.)

20210302_190515.jpg

• 6 months later...

While I'm bummed that I didn't finish either of my Cat builds, I am excited about what's taken up the bulk of my spare time.

I'm enrolled in courses to become an aircraft dispatcher, about 34% done with the online portion. I have to complete this, and pass the private pilot knowledge test as well as the ADX (aircraft dispatcher) knowledge test before the one-week in-person class session beginning in early December. If all goes well, I will change careers in early January.

20210929_190910.jpg

That is so cool, Mitch!  How I'd love to be doing that.   I actually graduated from an aircraft maintenance course but didn't take the licensing exam after finding out I was color-blind.  I actually knew early on but was hoping it wouldn't matter.   Had to shift to a new course after with a heavy heart.   But I really enjoyed the hands-on back then -- noise, fumes, grease and all.   I enjoyed the various on-the-job trainings on fixed-wing aircraft, rotary-wing (Hughes 500), aircraft instruments, gyros on 747s.   Some of the stuff I didn't like -- paint-stripping liquids that itch real bad --  and those PCBs covered with silicone sealant that you had to remove to get to parts.  Those were the days and I remember them fondly despite the tinnitus I was left with because of the noise, haha.   Now I still work on aircraft --  but only plastic ones   : (    

16 hours ago, crackerjazz said:

That is so cool, Mitch!  How I'd love to be doing that.   I actually graduated from an aircraft maintenance course but didn't take the licensing exam after finding out I was color-blind.  I actually knew early on but was hoping it wouldn't matter.   Had to shift to a new course after with a heavy heart.   But I really enjoyed the hands-on back then -- noise, fumes, grease and all.   I enjoyed the various on-the-job trainings on fixed-wing aircraft, rotary-wing (Hughes 500), aircraft instruments, gyros on 747s.   Some of the stuff I didn't like -- paint-stripping liquids that itch real bad --  and those PCBs covered with silicone sealant that you had to remove to get to parts.  Those were the days and I remember them fondly despite the tinnitus I was left with because of the noise, haha.   Now I still work on aircraft --  but only plastic ones   : (    

Thanks for the encouragement, crackerjazz. So far I'm doing OK in the coursework, but a lot of the academic stuff is slow to restart for me (I earned a BSME 20 some years ago). And some of the navigation stuff is havng trouble sinking into my thick skull.