Ordering from Hannants

Hannants usually expedite quickly, but shipping time is more or less up to the postal service. Hence difficult to say. Various have experienced anything from 10 days to 2 months, so difficult to give any firm estimate on shipping time. It's all largely due to COVID and it's effects

14 hours ago, Niels said:

Hannants usually expedite quickly, but shipping time is more or less up to the postal service. Hence difficult to say. Various have experienced anything from 10 days to 2 months, so difficult to give any firm estimate on shipping time. It's all largely due to COVID and it's effects

I am finding the exact opposite here in Canada. I find that Hannants sits on my orders for a week at minimum and on average 10 days with the longest being 15 days. Then the Royal Mail and Canada Post bust their humps and get the package to me in near record times of 3-7 days. So the same amount of time as you experience but I put the hold up on Hannants not the postal systems. 

My first choice for products shipped to Canada, they have everything, prices are great, and shipping is affordable.

Recently I had a large shipment which included a kit and lots of aftermarket ship to Canada for less that the price of a photo-etch set shipment quote from the States. 

On 12/25/2020 at 5:06 AM, afspret said:

Thinking about ordering some stuff from Hannants, anybody know what the average delivery time is from the UK to the US now a days?

In the past, it took roughly two weeks on average for my orders to arrive in the US from Hannants.  This is before Covid.  It might take longer now.

For sure, before Covid I would even get items sometimes  faster than coming out of the States. I've used them for years and really like how they have their inventory search setup. I'm not to worried on my recent order, with Christmas and Covid I expected it to be slow. 

I have placed six orders for decals and small items (no kits) from Hannants this year; five by regular surface post and one by airmail.  Surface packages all arrived within 12-14 days.  Airmail package arrived within 8 days.  Highly recommended!  K/r, Dutch

I have been ordering from Hannants for decades, always great service.

My last package was large, with some expensive kits, so I selected "Airmail with Tracking". I noticed it took only 2 days to get from Hannants to New York City. After that, it took almost 2 weeks to get from New York City to my doorstep in Florida. The USPS (and other delivery services) are using the CCP-Virus as an excuse for their slow shipping times, but that doesn't explain the stupid way I see packages get routed, on their way to me. :bandhead2:

Even so, I will still deal with Hannants, as well as the AviationMegaStore in the Netherlands. They both get unique items that no one else seems to carry.

Just my 2¢.

Larry

On 12/26/2020 at 3:49 AM, is it windy yet? said:

I am finding the exact opposite here in Canada. I find that Hannants sits on my orders for a week at minimum and on average 10 days with the longest being 15 days. Then the Royal Mail and Canada Post bust their humps and get the package to me in near record times of 3-7 days. So the same amount of time as you experience but I put the hold up on Hannants not the postal systems. 

How do you know the delay was with the order pick and pack and not with the shipping agents?

Just got my package in the mail today. Looking at the stamp it was dispatched from Hannants on the 12th of Nov and now its the 29th of Dec. This has been the longest one so far but still got here in good shape so no worries