Blue Thunder -Super Police Copter

Hi Guys,

I am thinking to start on my 1/32 Monogram Blue Thuder ...question is I am unsure of the colour..........which will make a nice match.......any one got any clues.......some sort of metalic blue...........

Cheers and thanks in advance.......

Mr B

Well, it is a two tone blue shade. The top portions of the helicopter are lighter then the bottom armor plating. The bottom shade also seems a little more purple in color then the top as well.

Cheers for the information much obliged............

The armor plating.........looked more black in the movie...IIRC

Cheers again.......

Mr b

Heh, I ven found a pic of the toy I once had:

bt_toy.gif

Habu

Thanks for the information much obliged....I think I will go with the Tamiya option.........

Dude....funny that you mentioned the toy....I had the same thing way back then...........as well............actually I am looking for one if I can find it..........your pic brings back many memories...but I recall mine had not many markings as yours...........and the cockpit was with no detail........

But the pilot looks the same...though.............

Cheers

Mr b

amen to that............

too me both of these shows....was way cool at that time.......blue thunder somehow came across a bit more believeable.......to me.........as that chopper could get damaged.......

airwolf.......was ok as well.........I guess..................but mach 1.0+ hmmm n knocking a missle out of the floor board........

anyways as habu said...........they were cool flicks..............

Cheers

Mr B

Amazing on how cool we though Blue Thunder was until we got older and realized it was just a mocked up Gazelle :thumbsup:

Airfwolf though...

Jeff

Yeah!

A helicopter that could see and hear through walls as well as firing 6000 rounds a minute.I much preferred the movie though.

Stephen

The best interior shots of the helicopter come from the movie itself. Granted, most of the stuff in the backseat was done at night, but the day shots give a pretty good idea of the coloring on the overhead panel and the instrument panel. The coloring in the rear section isn't all that much as it was just a typical CRT setup. The back wall appears to be the fuse/circuit breaker panel.

Okay, so how many people here actually remember the 13 episode Blue Thunder TV series on ABC, complete with a rather young pre-SNL Dana Carvey as JAFO?

Okay, so how many people here actually remember the 13 episode Blue Thunder TV series on ABC, complete with a rather young pre-SNL Dana Carvey as JAFO?

Me! Along with those two guys who drove the truck and were (I think) Ex-American footballers.

Stephen

I´ve just seen the movie some days ago and from what I can tell, it´s rather a flat bluetone (I´d add a little black, so the blue won´t be too crisp), not a helo from "pimp my ride" with all that neon glitter metallic stuff...no "fast and the furious" involved here :sign_boycott:, at least not in the movie . Forget the metallic effect, this was only the plastictoy...

Check out this one, I think the guy got it ok: http://www.fantastic-plastic.com/BLUE%20TH...NDER%20PAGE.htm

Unofficial Blue Thunder Website with tons of info: http://www.gregdonner.org/blue_thunder/blu...ue_thunder.html

• 2 years later...

Wasnt the support crew called "Rolling Thunder" ?

I had both Blue Thunder and Airwolf

Loved BT hated the Airwolf kit

Painted both using Testors and Pactra enamels.

Learned to use an airbrush on these kits.

Would love for Revellogram to rerelease the BT kit...

William G

Edited by William G

Ya, I remember the TV series...one thing that sinks in the most is I found Dana Carvey annoying as "JAFO". I always enjoy seeing Butkus; he was such an animal on the field...

Oh, colour looks similar to "Blue Angel Blue" FS15050, just add black or white for shading, top with flatcoat...

Give me Roy Scheider and Daniel Stern over James Farentino and Dana Carvey any day. :D

Although JF makes a half decent CAG in the Final Countdown.

By the way, does anybody know where I can get hold of the uncut pilot/movie of Airwolf on dvd cos I'd love a copy to go alongside Blue Thunder.

:explode:

never mind, I've found a few VHS copies for sale on ebay of the original movie (rated 18, gosh! how times must have changed) I can always transfer it to dvd to preserve it a bit longer. :cheers:

Edited by Green-Meanie

I could eat my hart out:

I built one of those mongram kits way back in 1985; then I decided to dismantle it to use parts for a kitbash ... now I'd really love to lay my hands on one of those kits again!!!

Completely agree with those saying that the movie was way better than the series.

Guest LITTLE BIRD 117
I could eat my hart out:

I built one of those mongram kits way back in 1985; then I decided to dismantle it to use parts for a kitbash ... now I'd really love to lay my hands on one of those kits again!!!

Completely agree with those saying that the movie was way better than the series.

That is totaly true about the movie.

LB

Talking of Airwolf, it was sold to the South African Government (wonder if they actually believed it could reach Mach 1.0+ :banana: ) and I remember my Dad getting to ride in Airwolf as Santa Claus for the De Beers Xmas party in Jo'Burg in 1982 or 83. I was so jealous as I wanted to go inside Airwolf :wave:

biltongbabe :)

• 5 years later...