Jupiter Saturn conjunction

Here is my contribution to the conjunction. I've never done planetary photography before, but I'm pretty chuffed with what I was able to capture. One is a composite with levels up on Jupiter moons and Saturn for detail; the other being much closer to what was actually visible. Saturn, being almost twice as far away as Jupiter was much dimmer.

Celestron C6N with motorized mount, shot with ZWO ASI224MC. Stacked with AutoStakkert and sharpened with Registax.

https://ibb.co/Mk4dddv

https://ibb.co/RyPZg5p

Edited by archybean

The views in NE Kansas were a bit subpar with the planets being so low on the horizon, but it sure was fun to see them both in the same eyepiece along with the Galilean moons and Titan. An odd thing happened, while I was moving the oberwerk tripod, it fell apart on me. Lord blessed me with enough wisdom to take off the refractor and no damage done to it or the eyepiece, but the tripod fell over and it cracked the metal part at the base. 

Great photos!

Edited by fulcrum1
33 minutes ago, archybean said:

Glad you were able to take the scope off in time! Hope the tripod can be fixed.

What part of NE Kansas are you in? I grew up in Topeka, I've been in the Dallas area since 2016.

Fort Leavenworth. Second time here, really enjoy Kansas City. Topeka? How was that growing up?

Edited by fulcrum1
7 hours ago, fulcrum1 said:

Fort Leavenworth. Second time here, really enjoy Kansas City. Topeka? How was that growing up?

I didn't think anything of it at the time, but its a fairly boring town. Kansas City is a lot of fun though

All of the conjunction photos I've seen have been truly fascinating.  What is mind blowing to me, is that Saturn is still 456 million miles further out from Jupiter, and the two look like next door neighbors.  Seems like Saturn should just be a dot like one of Jupiter's moons in those photos.  That's some depth of field!

Rick L.

What is truly mind blowing for me is as big as the planets are, they're all able to fit between the earth and the moon. So for two of them, that many hundreds of millions of miles away to be seen so close together is astonishing. I'm glad I was not only able to see it, but to take pictures of it!