EDUARD I-16 TYPE 24 1/48

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings,

This must be the worse Eduard kit I have ever assembled. The fuselage exhausts are not represented correctly for type 24 and there are no locating pins for the cockpit tub as well as instrument panel. The way is it shown on the instruction, no way in hell a pilot can see the instruments. So I add an extension rod so I can push it closer to the seat. Also added bracing rods.  The wing has horrible fit too. Must be an old release years and years ago? Dai 

JY6op6y.jpg

sCImZbj.jpg

There are some issues with the accuracy of the kit but it is not that bad.

The main visual problem is behind the cockpit. The spine is to square and needs to be rounded.

have a look at various drawings here. This might help

http://i16fighter.ru/materials/drawings.htm

here is my build

https://www.modelforce.ru/aviation/articles-1/scale-48/build-48/eduard-i-16-tip-24/

Edited by Kasatka

Greetings...

Some more progress. The upper wing fit is poor and some sanding and shimming are needed. Fit of the cowl is also poor. As previously stated the fuselage exhausts don't look like any I-16 variants that I have seen. The instrument panel is moved closer to the seat than per instruction. Dai 

ipW60BY.jpg

Greetings to all ...

My completed project. This is the quickest built I have ever done. It seems like I have not done anything and now it is already in my display case.

PROS:

1. Good presentation of the classic Russian early fighter.

2. Photoetch parts and multiple markings.

3. Decals responded well to setting solutions.

CONS:

1. Inaccurate fuselage exhausts.

2. No locating pins for the cockpit instrument panel, cockpit tub. Instrument panel is located too far away from the seat.

3. Inaccurate cockpit floor.

4. Inaccurate landing gear doors positions as depicted on the instruction sheet. Here a walk around reference would be a nice welcome.

5. The V struts are impossible to work with and way over scaled. I omitted them. I am suprised Eduard did not provide PE parts for these.

6. Poor wing to fuselage fit.

I must say the quality is a bit far from the usual Eduard that we know.  But it was a quick built and I enjoyed it. Dai 

SV54XeB.jpg

pYy1Fjl.jpg

jiVB9Yb.jpg

Edited by dai phan