Need color help for gray camo AH-1Js during ODS

Hey gang,

I'm wondering if anyone has any info on grey camo AH-1Js from HMA-773 and 775 during ODS. Specifically, I'm looking for info on colors, camo patterns and markings.

From the pictures I've found (like these: 1, 2, & 3 and the ones in this awesome gallery) it looks like there may be 3 different shades of gray in the camo, plus another for the markings. Also, it doesn't appear that all the markings were "standardized", that's to say that it seems that markings differed from airframe to airframe. Also, it appears from pictures that some aircraft had black only or black and OD rotor systems.

If you can help me, I'd appreciate any info you can give me. I'd love to model a Gulf War AH-1J, but I'm having trouble getting the details nailed down.

Thanks in advance,

-O

I am trying to recall but SuperCobra I think said it’s one grey. It appears like three because it was a three tone camo (black, green and grey) and the grey was oversprayed the existing color. Think preshading. 

On 12/27/2020 at 5:48 PM, Tank said:

I am trying to recall but SuperCobra I think said it’s one grey. It appears like three because it was a three tone camo (black, green and grey) and the grey was oversprayed the existing color. Think preshading. 

That is what I recall as well.

The pictures back it up, if you look you can see that the pattern is the same as the 3-color Land Camo scheme, just all gray.