Benner's Years in Review 2017 - 2019

Haven't done one of these posts in a few years, in part because I broke my camera.  So the pictures are all taken with a cell phone which can't capture the colors as I would like.

I've slowed down with the Desert Storm subject.  There are few more builds I want to do with that theme but that subject is nearly done.   Been building more Star Wars and my next theme will be Battle of Midway.

AFB 1:48 F-5E

f6z4RUt.jpg

Hasegawa 1:48 F-4G

FB6mCoQ.jpg

Hasegawa  1:48 F-16C

JaJwZ4w.jpg

Bandai 1:72 A-Wing

AfkDdHu.jpg

Bandai 1:72 B-Wing

LC9bGfq.jpg

yLsLDCe.jpg

Bandai 1:72 Y-Wing

uL638wT.jpg

8r61Mle.jpg

Edited by Benner

Excellent builds. I love the F-5! I have been fascinated by your DS builds over the years. Do you have an online gallery of all your DS builds? If not, can you share the links of your old builds? I'd love to bookmark them as I find myself more or more intrigued by DS. Thanks!

On 12/29/2020 at 1:11 PM, JakubJakepilot said:

Only 3 DS builds ??? Pffffftttttt 🙂 Just kidding, GREAT builds mate !!!!

... and how many have you completed in the last decade? 😉  kidding, thanks for the reference pics.

22 hours ago, Janissary said:

Excellent builds. I love the F-5! I have been fascinated by your DS builds over the years. Do you have an online gallery of all your DS builds? If not, can you share the links of your old builds? I'd love to bookmark them as I find myself more or more intrigued by DS. Thanks!

Thanks for the compliment.  Most of my 1:48 DS builds are on Jakub's site Builds index (dstorm.eu)  You can tell which are the older builds, as they don't look as good as the newer builds.  Also, at the time they were built, there wasn't as many kit options or aftermarket sets available, or I lacked reference photos.  I probably would have used the Revell 1:48 Tornado at one point instead of Italeri.  At the moment, I'm updating one of my Mirage F1 kits.   What is not listed on Jakub's site is the A-4KU I plan to fix up, and duplicate builds: a couple more A-10s, A-7Es, and another F-14A.  At one point, I will make a base for a dio for all the navy builds.

At the moment though, I'm working more on Battle of Midway builds.  

3 hours ago, Benner said:

Thanks for the compliment.  Most of my 1:48 DS builds are on Jakub's site Builds index (dstorm.eu)  You can tell which are the older builds, as they don't look as good as the newer builds.  Also, at the time they were built, there wasn't as many kit options or aftermarket sets available, or I lacked reference photos.  I probably would have used the Revell 1:48 Tornado at one point instead of Italeri.  At the moment, I'm updating one of my Mirage F1 kits.   What is not listed on Jakub's site is the A-4KU I plan to fix up, and duplicate builds: a couple more A-10s, A-7Es, and another F-14A.  At one point, I will make a base for a dio for all the navy builds.

At the moment though, I'm working more on Battle of Midway builds.  

Thank you, that was super useful. Great builds there!