Usually, the early red seats would be both rear and front.  The seat fabric all changed at the same time and would have been matched when new birds were sent to country.  I would think it would be more common to see some w/red pilot's seats and replaced/repaired rear seats w/green though.

Thanks for the input been a fan of your postings for some time. OD Green is on and seatbelts will be a next step.  This is the Revell 1/32 Huey I've been toying with for a while with a new scratch interior. Also corrected the side doors and front doors casting them. I also made the interior posts. Anyone wondering about the tapering on the upright bars for the seating I used a drafting pencil sharpener... 

Image00001huey.jpg

Here is a shot of the resin doors. My inside of the side door could be cleaner, but with them open they'd be fine for the bit of the backs that show... The pilot seats I did to make it easier to do the glass inserts

Image00001.jpg

Image00002.jpg

I cut the horrible hinges off and replaced holes with card stock sanding to shape. I'll likely scratch build the new hinges. As for the transmission tower no it goes on that way. The front protruding part is under cover so you'd not usually see much of it. The rear part connects to where the air filter would be and the engine.  I can sell copies of the doors, looking to make enough mostly to cover costs.  For glasswork I will be using clear stock as the kit stuff has edge flaws you see too much.