Flagon G Update - fighting with Pioneer2's classic...

So, as for most of us, I’ve pretty much had it with the dumpster-fire that is 2020.  It’s been exhausting and worrisome and just plain stupid, and I’m more or less over it. It is fine for it to pizz right off and never make its kind known again. Of course, I’m sure it’ll only get worse from here, but that kind of positivity is something for another day.

In the spirit of 2020, that Grand Conjunction of Murphy’s Law and Sisyphus’ landscaping chores, I thought it was a perfect time to show how the Pioneer 2 Flagon G was coming. If there’s any project that really wallows in the spirit of this past year like a pig in its own manure, then it’s this thing.

Check out all the “fun” below, and really, really… don’t try this one at home.

Have a safe and profitable 2021, everyone! Happy New Year!

https://adamrehorn.wordpress.com/2020/12/30/flagon-g-update-1-take-it-in-almost-throw-it-out/

su-21u-019.jpg

Edited by Faust

Man, that is some brass!

After getting an excellent Zlenic magazine featuring the Flagon (which also includes some beautiful line drawings), I looked at the Pioneer kit and tried to see if I could use it for spare parts, I couldn't!  I MAY have kept the wheels and canopy but the lower wing section is a paint mule, to this day!

Then I got excited about the Trumpeter kits, and was disappointed (again) with their inaccuracies.

Switched over to A Model and find it to be very accurate but it promises to be a challenge, being a limited-run kit.  Will shoe-horn a Pavla resin cockpit in to it and add some ResKit missiles and call it a (LONG) day!

WARDOG

Edited by Glynn Jacobs
Added Items

I gave up trying to go for accuracy. I mean, the kit IS a total dog.  I'm just going for a roughly correct outline that is Flagon G shaped. I really don't care about ram air inlets, rivet patterns, etc. F that noise. This kit is tough enough as it is.

I'm just trying to get something that people will see it's an Su-15UM and I'm good with it. 

The intakes, though... those HAD to be corrected.

Your website is very interesting to read.  I enjoyed your comments on the reviews of kits, especially on the boxarts of the IJN Judy & the Mi-6P Hook.

https://adamrehorn.wordpress.com/model-kits/out-of-box-reviews/ls-models-1-75-yokosuka-d4y2-suisei-judy-oob/

https://adamrehorn.wordpress.com/175-kvz-mi-6p-hook-oob/

Also, your 'Gold Rush' van is fantastic! :thumbsup:

Edited by JackMan