How often do you pull apart your spray gun for cleaning?

16 minutes ago, ElectroSoldier said:

I think you might want to take a look at an airbrush and how it works. There is a channel for the air and there is a channel for the paint and they dont come together until they reach from front of the airbrush just behind the nozzle cap. It is the smaller of the two holes that the air comes out of. Pulling the needle out the back cant put any paint into the air channel at all what so ever.

I know exactly how an airbrush works.  No where in my post did I say pulling the needle out back will put paint into the air channel.  Common man.  Go back and read my post. 

When you pull the needle back, some paint on the needle will make it past the seal and all the way back to the needle chuck.  The paint will dry in the needle tube back there, making removing and inserting the needle harder.

12 hours ago, RichardL said:

I know exactly how an airbrush works.  No where in my post did I say pulling the needle out back will put paint into the air channel.  Common man.  Go back and read my post. 

When you pull the needle back, some paint on the needle will make it past the seal and all the way back to the needle chuck.  The paint will dry in the needle tube back there, making removing and inserting the needle harder.

Oh Im sorry. The way I read your post you made it sound like the two are linked together. 

21 hours ago, ElectroSoldier said:

Its a spray gun buddy not a machine gun )))

Yup...and you want both to work properly when you need it to.

I don't know how many times I've seen posts on line "my airbrush is doing this that or the other thing...what am I doing wrong??!! 😭"

Then they post a photo up and it's covered in dried paint...

7 hours ago, 82Whitey51 said:

Yup...and you want both to work properly when you need it to.

I don't know how many times I've seen posts on line "my airbrush is doing this that or the other thing...what am I doing wrong??!! 😭"

Then they post a photo up and it's covered in dried paint...

Yeah ok fair point.

Ive been using an airbrush so long now I guess Im blinded by most of the problems people have like that.