Any update on the KH 1/35th UH-1D/H?

10 minutes ago, huey_crew_chief said:

Seems like they opted for a B model instead.  Horribly sad about that.....

Yuck.   The least appealing version (IMO).   Even that one kind of fell of the radar as well.  

3 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

Especially since Academy/MRC already did this model.

Academy/MRC does/did a UH-1C, which is a very different model.  The only 1/35 UH-1B was done a while ago by Korean company SAR/Seminar.  It was a so-so kit. 

I welcome a new UH-1B, and eventually the other types.  We have waited this long, what is a little longer?  Kitty Hawk is pumping out their H-60 versions pretty quickly.  I'm sure they will do the same once the Hueys start coming out.

The D/H needs to be released.  The Panda was the only other option and we know that was awful.  I hope it becomes a reality, but it looks like its time came and went.  I dont understand the obversion for the D model.  Everything else has been done in 35th, to include a Shithook.  Why do another 35th B/C/M?  Why not do a good 48th scale one to accompany the D?  I mean WTF? 

On 1/4/2021 at 10:15 AM, huey_crew_chief said:

Why do another 35th B/C/M? 

Just guessing but:

1) maybe the company feels they can do better than the existing kits

b) the existing kits don't make money for KH

I keep asking about the 1/35th scale UH-1D/H.  Nothing yet other than it is coming.  So I wait. 

They have been given information to bring the 1/48th scale up to 1/35th scale correctly and include the UH-1H mods as well.  So hopefully they will correct the inaccuracies and update the kit to include the D and H.

Floyd

I think there is a good place for the UH-1b Huey. It was the only serious gunship till mid 68, and in some area was still the prefered gunship. I'd still like a good UH-d (or C) slick in 1/35th scale. Slicks were everywhere all the time, where as a gunship was simply on call. What Kittyhawk needs to do is come out with an all new H34 series.

gary

9 hours ago, midnightprowler said:

A H34 iin 1/35 would be very cool. The Gallery 1/48 is a great kit, unfortunately it has no collectives. I fail to understand how that continues to be missed.

Most people don't know, but the H34 was the preferred chopper out by the fence. A Huey could get there just fine, but couldn't get back with out a refuel stop on the way. Not everybody had a stash of JP-4. The other big player was the Chinook of course. The H34 seemed to be able to carry more weight as well. Guess you could also add the Jolly Green as well, but they just did not go deep into the valley all that much and there never was a lot of them to begin with. I hated them! Worse than a Chinook to hook up under it, and a Chinook really wasn't pleasant. SOG inserted out of H34's a lot, and I guess they used them for dustoff's out by the fence (never saw one used as a Medvac). Always wondered how anybody kept their hearing flying in them all the time! I want one!

gary

A 1/35th H-34 series would be so very awesome. Lots of possibilities for CH-34, HSS-1, Army, Navy, Marine decals. There is a very good article, yet very sad in Life magazine about a Marine CH-34, from HMM-163 I believe, YP.  “Evil Eyes”..a day in the life magazine article. Unfortunately the aircraft came under fire and his fellow pilots and crew chiefs were killed by hostile fire. 

In my first squadron in the Marine Corps, HMT-301, our avionics chief was a Sgt in HMM-163 during this incident. He gave a lecture on it during one of our safety stand downs. Left but impression. I’ve always wanted to model that helo.  

Didn't mean to hijack a Skid thread with a 34 request. 

R/Gy

On 1/11/2021 at 2:02 AM, YF65_CH53E said:

A 1/35th H-34 series would be so very awesome. Lots of possibilities for CH-34, HSS-1, Army, Navy, Marine decals. There is a very good article, yet very sad in Life magazine about a Marine CH-34, from HMM-163 I believe, YP.  “Evil Eyes”..a day in the life magazine article. Unfortunately the aircraft came under fire and his fellow pilots and crew chiefs were killed by hostile fire. 

In my first squadron in the Marine Corps, HMT-301, our avionics chief was a Sgt in HMM-163 during this incident. He gave a lecture on it during one of our safety stand downs. Left but impression. I’ve always wanted to model that helo.  

Didn't mean to hijack a Skid thread with a 34 request. 

R/Gy

do you happen to remember the date it went down?  Reason I ask is that in the last 60 days the Marines have lost at least one a day! Not all to gun fire, as many just  had bad luck or ran into a mountain side in the fog & rain. 

gary

1 hour ago, ChesshireCat said:

do you happen to remember the date it went down?  Reason I ask is that in the last 60 days the Marines have lost at least one a day! Not all to gun fire, as many just  had bad luck or ran into a mountain side in the fog & rain. 

gary

Gary,

It was March 31st 1965. 
http://www.popasmoke.com/kia/conflicts/vietnam/incidents/19650331

Edited by Tank
25 minutes ago, YF65_CH53E said:

Tank,

Semper Fi Marine!!  Thanks for posting.  That is exactly the incident our Master Gunz related to us in the 80's. Long day for Evil Eyes that day.  

v/r

Gunny

If you can find it Caracal did a sheet.

http://www.caracalmodels.com/cd48039.html

I don’t know if I have sheet or not, will have to look. Same for the 53 decals for you.

I don’t think Superscale did a h-34 or 163 bird.