1/48 - North American OV-10A & D+ Bronco by ICM - release in 2021

• HomeBe changed the title to 1/48 - North American OV-10 Bronco new tool expected by ICM in 2021

Brilliant choice from ICM 🤤🥳 !!!

Especially happy they are bringing us the Bronco, knowing the overall quality of their kits (I have their A-26B ref. 48285 and O-2A ref. 48290, beauties).

After that HazMAT farce episode, that ICM news is a most welcome one.

• HomeBe changed the title to 1/48 - North American OV-10A & D+ Bronco by ICM - release late 2021
On 1/6/2021 at 12:07 PM, chukw said:

That looks like a figure set- great news for my Mohawk build!  Hopefully the Army and Air Force uniforms weren't too different. Are there any tractors and such in 1/48 for this era?

by the way, I found an OV1 parked about thirty minutes south of me. I'm trying to get a nice bright day to shot a bunch of photos. Doesn't look like it has the sniffer pod on the side, and who knows what model it is

gary

17 hours ago, ziggyfoos said:

About time, hopefully this one happens after the HazMat fail. 

Expect the 1/48 Vietnam OV-10 decals from AOA decals finally when this kit comes out.

reading the RVN KIA reports the last week or so, and there seems to be a lot of OV10a's in the mix. Plenty to pick from! All see to be from DaNang

gary

On 1/7/2021 at 9:06 PM, ChesshireCat said:

by the way, I found an OV1 parked about thirty minutes south of me. I'm trying to get a nice bright day to shot a bunch of photos. Doesn't look like it has the sniffer pod on the side, and who knows what model it is

gary

Wow- thanks!  Enjoy poking around it, and cheers!

On 1/7/2021 at 12:32 PM, ziggyfoos said:

Expect the 1/48 Vietnam OV-10 decals from AOA decals finally when this kit comes out.

:thumbsup:

Any plans for upcoming Invader ?

On 1/7/2021 at 6:32 AM, ziggyfoos said:

I read the casualty reports daily from Vietnam. I always figured we never saw them due to a lack of range. Nope! The created a refuel point at Khe Sahn when the 1st Cav took it over. That way they could fly up and down the Ho Che Mein trail. Looks like they lost several in Laos. They also flew AC47's, EC47's, and OV1's. Then there were the RF4c's and B66 electronic gathering airframes. Even P3 and EC130's.

gary

On 1/19/2021 at 2:02 PM, ChesshireCat said:

just waiting for it to warm up a bit! Seems like everytime it does warm up, it rains cats and dogs! I want to do a couple Army OV1's, but like you; data isn't common.

gary

No worries- I'm just poking along on my build- always something elsewhere that needs doing. Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...
  • HomeBe changed the title to 1/48 - North American OV-10A & D+ Bronco by ICM - release in 2021
On 1/6/2021 at 12:07 PM, chukw said:

That looks like a figure set- great news for my Mohawk build!  Hopefully the Army and Air Force uniforms weren't too different. Are there any tractors and such in 1/48 for this era?

we had an Army guy stop often at our base camp, and he wore the same PJ's that the Airforce guys did. Only real difference was his cowboy hat and brown leather boots. He started out with O-1's and went on to O-2's (never landed an O-2 out our way). On the other hand and thinking about it, I've also seen him in generic state side BDU's. 

gary

22 hours ago, ChesshireCat said:

we had an Army guy stop often at our base camp, and he wore the same PJ's that the Airforce guys did. Only real difference was his cowboy hat and brown leather boots. He started out with O-1's and went on to O-2's (never landed an O-2 out our way). On the other hand and thinking about it, I've also seen him in generic state side BDU's. 

gary

Thanks, Gary! They've published pics of the actual figures, and they'll be perfect for my Mohawk. One will even serve as my tail prop- no need for nose weight.

Edited by chukw
14 minutes ago, chukw said:

Thanks, Gary! They've published pics of the actual figures, and they'll be perfect for my Mohawk. One will even serve as my tail prop- no need for nose weight.

just remember that the Army OV1's only carried rocket pods to spot for air strikes. It was some stupid political thing the Airforce got done. We had an Ov1 come out our way everyday to set his vector up off the the radio relay sight. It must have been a B or a C model as it had the "sniffer pod" on the side. The color was a very faded O.D. like you seen on a Huey with black markings. Kinda dull looking. He head due west to the turn pike, and probably made a right hand turn north. I'm going to do that airframe from the best I can remember

gary