ICM - 32nd AH-1G Announced!

14 hours ago, ziggyfoos said:

Also glad that both turret options are included in the same kit afterall.

Looking forward to this one

Don't get too excited just yet.   The consensus seems to be that certain sections of the sprues will be removed when the kit ships.   I think it's a long shot that ICM will include the later turret.  Which is too bad, because that's the version I really want to build.   

You up for some decals for this kit?

6 hours ago, Rotorman said:

This is definitely on my list to do. Hunter/killer team for sure.

Oliver

I knew this kit would be right up your street and it would be amazing to see you work your magic on the old Revell OH-6A kit, if that is the one you choose to build!

LD.

On 4/17/2021 at 4:53 AM, Loach Driver said:

I knew this kit would be right up your street and it would be amazing to see you work your magic on the old Revell OH-6A kit, if that is the one you choose to build!

LD.

It is

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

Looks like the toilet bowl exhaust shield is in the box too.

Yup, I'm pleasantly surprised.  All the parts to do a late version Cobra are included.  Only thing they left out was the XM35 20mm cannon, which is too bad since that's the version I really wanted to build.   Hope we get some nice resin cockpit and weapons from one of the usual suspects. 

The AH-1G (Early) kit is announced as a May release by ICM.  It should be available soon.  They are now showing the box art and decal sheet as well.

734-entry-0-1620388093.jpg

734-entry-7-1620388094.jpg

Edited by HeavyArty

ICM has announced the Late Model AH-1G is also in process now.  It should be nice as well.  Most of the parts for it are already on the early sprues shown above.  It includes the later "toilet bowl " exhaust deflector and 20mm cannon mount.  It should be an easy update and hopefully available soon.

773-entry-0-1620999127.jpg

https://aeroscale.net/news/in-process-icm-1-32-ah-1g-cobra-late-production

Edited by HeavyArty
  • 2 weeks later...

Third Cobra release will have crew figures.   

187821355-1644062769119988-2864278135679

A bit underwhelming, I had hoped they would be in the Vietnam era two-piece nomex flight suits and at least one would be wearing a chicken plate and survival gear.  Did the one piece flight suits for Army pilots even appear during the war?   Almost looks like they went with generic Army pilots so they could be used with later version Cobras as well.   Maybe Norbert will come to our rescue....

Here is what a well dressed Cobra pilot wore (note the mighty M35 cannon and what appears to be a patched bullet hole aft of the canopy):

See the source image

Edited by 11bee
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The 1/32 AH-1G Cobra (Late Production) and 1/32 US Helicopter Pilots (Vietnam War) figures are both supposed to be available this month (AUG).  I am looking forward to seeing how they turn out.  They should be nice based on their earlier Cobra.

Edited by HeavyArty
1 hour ago, HeavyArty said:

The 1/32 AH-1G Cobra (Late Production) and 1/32 US Helicopter Pilots (Vietnam War) figures are both supposed to be available this month (AUG).  I am looking forward to seeing how they turn out.  They should be nice based on their earlier Cobra.

You can see the instructions for the Late Cobra here.

https://icm.com.ua/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/32061_instr-web_compressed.pdf

The only new plastic is sprue F for the XM35 cannon system.

22 hours ago, signals said:

Can we expect a Ah-1F/S as well?

Possibly and we can only hope so.  There are TOW launchers on the weapons sprues though, so fingers crossed.

10775805b5.jpg

Edited by HeavyArty