1/48 - Douglas B-26K Counter Invader by ICM - released

ICM is to release 1/48th Douglas B-26K   Counter Invader kits.

- ref. 48279 - Douglas B-26K Counter Invader, USAF Vietnam War Attack Aircraft NEW - III quarter

Source: https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/ICM48279

- ref. 48280 - Douglas B-26K with USAF Pilots & Ground Personnel NEW - IV quarter

Source: https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/ICM48280

V.P.

Matt-Memory2.jpg

Edited by HomeBe
  • 4 weeks later...
  • HomeBe changed the title to  1/48 - Douglas B-26K Counter Invader by ICM - box art+3D renders - release in 2021

It looks really good from what I can tell. They still haven't fixed the short nose or the depth of the canopy, but it does look like they've gotten most of the other K model details correct including the larger rudder. The props also look like a MUCH better effort than the B & C kits. 

20 hours ago, FlyAndFight said:

I can definitely see the short nose.  I will pick up the kit and wait a while for the aftermarket folks to offer their upgrade sets.

nose is much closer than you might think. Maybe a 1.5mm shim to fix it. The Monogram is pure fiction. 

gary

5 hours ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

Has Vector said they would? I'll jump on what ever they release for it.

I won't say the owners name as I simply can't spell it right. The owner of Vector had several diagrams showing what was right and wrong in the basic airframe. The only serious issue is in the cockpit location and the nose being roughly .06" short. The cockpit seems to be off location by about .156" if that matters much. Still it looks OK to me.

I was kinda hoping for a deeper weapons selection.  Yet we all know we can rob other kits for that stuff. There was one other issue, and that was with the exhaust and sheet metal around them. The engines used an odd looking glove like exhaust. I suspect he's going to do that one first. I'm going to buy two kits and a Korean war glass nosed airframe to build a Farmgate bird. Oh! I almost forgot; there maybe new props coming as well.

Compared to what we had before; this kit is a light year better! I can live with the cockpit location as long as they get the canopy right! The fuselage has that long lean snake like look that Monogram failed at. I've seen them from a short distance lined up in a row, and they just reminded me of a den of vipers. A get that is really fifteen years past due for me anyway.

gary

1 hour ago, ChesshireCat said:

I won't say the owners name as I simply can't spell it right. The owner of Vector had several diagrams showing what was right and wrong in the basic airframe. The only serious issue is in the cockpit location and the nose being roughly .06" short. The cockpit seems to be off location by about .156" if that matters much. Still it looks OK to me.

I was kinda hoping for a deeper weapons selection.  Yet we all know we can rob other kits for that stuff. There was one other issue, and that was with the exhaust and sheet metal around them. The engines used an odd looking glove like exhaust. I suspect he's going to do that one first. I'm going to buy two kits and a Korean war glass nosed airframe to build a Farmgate bird. Oh! I almost forgot; there maybe new props coming as well.

Compared to what we had before; this kit is a light year better! I can live with the cockpit location as long as they get the canopy right! The fuselage has that long lean snake like look that Monogram failed at. I've seen them from a short distance lined up in a row, and they just reminded me of a den of vipers. A get that is really fifteen years past due for me anyway.

gary

I'm looking forward to seeing it as well. I love the look of the Vietnam Era B-26. 

22 hours ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

I'm looking forward to seeing it as well. I love the look of the Vietnam Era B-26. 

when I came in country, I went thru Cam Rhan Bay. We drove past a row of B26K's that must have been fifteen or twenty planes. Across from the was a row of Neptunes that was even longer. Wanted one ever since.

gary

• 1 month later...

Very Nice!!

Perhaps DMolds will do a whole new resin nose to correct the nose length/shape and canopy depth in one shot....  Probably be around 45$ so Not cheap.  DMolds did a great job on my beloved RF-101C nose !!!     Other details look good....  The Exhaust suppressors name?/  Maybe a good aftermarket source.   This were prominent since any exhaust flash would have been picked up by the VC when they were on there interdiction mission s over the Ho Chi Minh trail...from a veteran....."we would be in a whole lot of SH... if they saw us coming...everyone with a slingshot would be taking shots at us....."  

Some things that I find rather forgivable for such a big and complex model are:

-Wheels sets will be coming out real soon to give us perfect 135 rims with 119 tires-I am sure

-Cockpit details will be addressed in Etched brass and resin I am sure.  down to fuzzy dice hanging in the pit--lol!

-Decals will also be addressed with some gorgeous sheets probably some fun nose art too....misogynistic scantly clad female nose art  that WE All love  LOL

This is a bucket list one fro me in 1/48!!

Steve

I think they pretty much only carries a tail code and tail number...no nation insignia.

I did see one with "mighty mouse" on it. SOF planes are pretty plain for obvious reasons. 

When we'd do a "show of force" to North Korea everything came off the MC-130 but 

national insignia and USAF/tail number. Crew chief names/aircraft names were all sprayed out.

Cheers...Ron

• 6 months later...
  • HomeBe changed the title to  1/48 - Douglas B-26K Counter Invader by ICM - released