1/48 - Douglas B-26K Counter Invader by ICM - released

1 hour ago, Dave Williams said:

Thanks Dave. I did the same at Sprue Bros. but since I'm not in a rush I ordered from UA-Hobby in Kiev. I hope to have it in 3 weeks or so. 

ICM must have shorted some of the vendors over here, that combined with a slow down of shipping due to the Covid Lockdowns in Europe makes things look pretty spartan. I just hope they get it out of the country prior to Russia doing anything.

If you can’t wait for Spruebrothers or Scalehobbyist to restock I highly recommend an eBay vender kolewinski56 located in Lithuania.  I ordered two B-26K kits in September.  Shipping time was 10 days from Lithuania to my door in the USA. That’s almost faster than the economy rate with SB. 

On 1/2/2022 at 10:00 PM, okthree said:

If you can’t wait for Spruebrothers or Scalehobbyist to restock I highly recommend an eBay vender kolewinski56 located in Lithuania.  I ordered two B-26K kits in September.  Shipping time was 10 days from Lithuania to my door in the USA. That’s almost faster than the economy rate with SB. 

That's fast!

• HomeBe changed the title to  1/48 - Douglas B-26K Counter Invader by ICM - released
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/2/2022 at 11:00 PM, okthree said:

Thank you for the heads-up,  I ordered through kolewinski56 on the 18th but it was for the new kit version with the pilot and ground crew figures.  It appears to be an updated version with new wings and other new parts.  

That is my understanding.  

- A new fuselage sprue

- New wing sprues

- New rudder

- New engine nacelles

It also includes the pylon and weapons sprues from the stand-alone US Armament set.  Finally, it includes the five crew figures.

Just now, FlyAndFight said:

That is my understanding.  

- A new fuselage sprue

- New wing sprues

- New rudder

- New engine nacelles

It also includes the pylon and weapons sprues from the stand-alone US Armament set.  Finally, it includes the five crew figures.

Those are in the B-26K kit without figures as well. 

Ah, thanks for the info, Mr. Foley.  

I read a couple of reviews that simply stated that it included new sprues with new parts, along with the figures.  I found it to be the better deal, too.

4 minutes ago, FlyAndFight said:

Ah, thanks for the info, Mr. Foley.  

I read a couple of reviews that simply stated that it included new sprues with new parts, along with the figures.  I found it to be the better deal, too.

They (ICM) produced all the new parts exclusively for "K" . During that process they made corrections that otherwise should have been done for the earlier releases as well as the modifications for the Kilo. My source is The Modeling News.    The Modelling News: "Hands-on" review: 1/48th scale Douglas B-26K Counter Invader From ICM

I don’t see anything in that article that says ICM fixed errors in the previous kits.  Yes, they added a bunch of new parts, but the new parts are specifically for the changes made for the K.  I don’t see anything they changed that’s applicable to their previous B/C kits.

11 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

I don’t see anything in that article that says ICM fixed errors in the previous kits.  Yes, they added a bunch of new parts, but the new parts are specifically for the changes made for the K.  I don’t see anything they changed that’s applicable to their previous B/C kits.

Well, so much for my reading comprehension. My bad on that. On the upside, my kit arrives today!

32 minutes ago, ELLISW said:

For those interested, https://www.resin2detail.com/product-page/1-48-a-26-b-26k-counter-invader-control-columns-upgrade-late-48210 makes the correct Control Column for the B-26K.  Not an endorsement, just information.

1/48 A-26 / B-26K Counter-Invader Control Columns upgrade (Late) 48210

Thanks for the link.  I wasn't aware of that online shop.  I placed an order with them, just now.

7 minutes ago, FlyAndFight said:

Thanks for the link.  I wasn't aware of that online shop.  I placed an order with them, just now.

Anytime. I ordered and received B-26k control columns and seats. I like resin2’s product. 

16 hours ago, ELLISW said:

B-26K aftermarket parts received from www.e-aires.cz.

Shipping time took about 2 plus weeks.

Wheels show left and right profile.

431965899_B-26KAFTERMARKET.jpg

Nice, but I will never understand why Aires doesn't offer bulged and flattened wheels.

Not sure about those Aires wheels.  Yeah, they have the tread pattern, but they seem to have the same issues as the kit main wheels identified in the Modeling News review, namely the tire sidewalls look too tall and the shoulder too square.  But, these don’t look like the KC-135 wheels, so maybe these will get fixed if Aires releases a “late” wheel set.

On 1/26/2022 at 7:02 AM, Mr Matt Foley said:

It's gonna make us go broke.....

I saw a new nose, new props and hubs, and new cowlings. Somebody else just announced new wheels and tires, and maybe main struts (can't remember who)

gary