New F-111 resin Cockpit

On 1/11/2021 at 5:33 PM, mrvark said:

This is the pre-Pacer Strike F-111F cockpit with the he PAVE Tack VID. The is how the jets were configured during Operations Eldorado Canyon and Desert Storm. The VID had two small screens behind a magnifying glass to make them look bigger. This allowed the WSO to see both the ARS and PAVE Tack video simultaneously, switching them back and forth, as desired, between the smaller bottom and the primary screens. The disadvantage of the VID ws that the pilot couldn't see what was going on the WSO's side of the jet. The larger round scope on the pilots side of the cockpit was the E-scope for the terrain following radar (TFR). The one beside it on the WSO's side was the Radar Homing and Warning (RHAW) display.

930500-dm16-f111f_cockpit-ip_wso.jpg

This is the cockpit I suspect would be the best seller for Red-kit, especially if they could team up with Quinta !

1 hour ago, Piker38 said:

This is the cockpit I suspect would be the best seller for Red-kit, especially if they could team up with Quinta !

Totally agree. I have a build of this variant currently in neutral awaiting this pit. 

• 2 weeks later...

I asked if this would include the clear parts and they replied that it would.  Looks like they will be teaming up with Quinta Studios on other sets so we'll see if that happens here.  Either way, it looks like they're going for the full meal deal.  I've used a number of their sets and very impressed.  Lots of other great 1/48 scale releases this week as well.

https://reskit.com.ua/index.php?route=common/home

138883469_1788517167971383_2313108818470251540_o.thumb.jpg.38a16e7b41e99ec626c2a2c5bebf788d.jpg

6 minutes ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

Interesting, that is the HobbyBoss kit pictured right?

Yes. But the actual tub size is virtually identical between it and the Academy kit. The horrendous Hobby Boss canopy will require a do over though.

2 hours ago, mrvark said:

Yes. But the actual tub size is virtually identical between it and the Academy kit. The horrendous Hobby Boss canopy will require a do over though.

Sounds like they will include a new canopy as well.  I assume you will be able to buy just the tub and interior for the Academy.  As you mentioned, those parts are nearly identical in size.

6 hours ago, Cliff C said:

I asked if this would include the clear parts and they replied that it would.  Looks like they will be teaming up with Quinta Studios on other sets so we'll see if that happens here.  Either way, it looks like they're going for the full meal deal.  I've used a number of their sets and very impressed.  Lots of other great 1/48 scale releases this week as well.

https://reskit.com.ua/index.php?route=common/home

138883469_1788517167971383_2313108818470251540_o.thumb.jpg.38a16e7b41e99ec626c2a2c5bebf788d.jpg

Doesn't look as if they addressed the 'step' just in front of the windshield (the part just behind the first masking tape on the nose).

1 hour ago, JackMan said:

Doesn't look as if they addressed the 'step' just in front of the windshield (the part just behind the first masking tape on the nose).

Agreed. Still a little too pronounced but hopefully it will get corrected. I believe this is an early test print. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

On top of the pit, with canopy, add bru-3 and the gun in weapons bay for the A. Decent pave tack for f. And for those of us who want to  paint cockpits, decent non 3d decal stuff....so resin option please...

looking forward to it. My 16 suu 30 are close to final coating, as are 2 alq-87. And perhaps pylons for the latter too they can provide ?

and while at it, why not an accurate weapons bay alltogether ? Academy has nothing, hb is so far off...

and a ventral fin

i could go on for a while...

Edited by Stoned

What an excellent reference. Only someone serving on ‘111s could provide this. Why, oh why cant we have a really nice, ACCURATE 1/48 kit of the “wonder lemon”. For some reason I’d like a D but an F would probably be more popular.

15 hours ago, BillS said:

What an excellent reference. Only someone serving on ‘111s could provide this. Why, oh why cant we have a really nice, ACCURATE 1/48 kit of the “wonder lemon”. For some reason I’d like a D but an F would probably be more popular.

"Wonder Lemon"? Never heard that insult to this fine Aircraft before.

On 1/6/2021 at 2:39 PM, Glynn Jacobs said:

NICE!!!  I need one for my EF-111 A and one for my F-111C, both in 72nd scale!

WARDOG

Agreed! I'm glad to see them jumping into the cockpit into the cockpit game. As others have mentioned, they make some really nice quality stuff. Also, there's seems to be a real abscence of resin aftermarket cockpit sets these days. It seems like almost no one is doing them (at least for what I build anyway). 48th seems to fare a little better, but 32nd or 72nd... forget it......  Fred K.

Edited by f5guy
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

image.png.919620e2c457fdfc747e627958abdeb5.png

image.png.c4749f15c1e5fded76e6d0290fb6d796.png

But when home, i will check my pictures. So far, i would say the F-111A comes closest. D was quite digital. But both A and FB have seen evolution in the layout. Yet i think A comes closest.  Mr. Vark is best placed i think (allthough he is probably an F-type mainly).

I checked the new Gourley book and indeed above seems correct, based on p33 and 79. I suppose posting pics here would infringe copyright, so won't

Edited by Stoned