New F-111 resin Cockpit

The Gourley book pic on p83 of the FB does not show the AMP upgrade as described by Mr. Vark earlier in the thread and per the pic over there. The Gourley p83 pic is much aligned to the crew station alignment. But none of the crew station alignments i have contain the AMP upgrade (crew station doc i have i believe was not updated beyond the seventies). And of course D was different animal altogether as stated.

The driver's seat is very similar to A from, WSO is a different thing for all models. That thing sticking out for the WSO is one issue already: some had it, some had roundish ones, some square...all depending on the time, model and upgrade received i believe.

I have about 4 other books, will check FB pics in those as well to compare.

• 11 months later...
8 hours ago, peterburns said:

Does anyone know if Res Kit is planning a cockpit for the Academy kit as well?

As I understand it, they are. I certainly hope so, I have six Academy kits!

• 1 year later...

It was cool watching them takeoff in the rain.

I was stationed at RAF Upper Heyford right before the base closed.

My flight Instructor (civilian) was a pilot on the 111. He stated it was ok, but loved buzzing deer at 200 feet in his pitts s2.

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, wildcat42 said:

Which 1/48 Reskit cockpit set is the correct one for F-111F Libyan Raids and Operation Desert Strom? (RSU48-0236-Early modification or RSU48-0239-Late modification)

Their labeling of these cockpits is confusing. There were actually three F-111F cockpits. The original had a flat radar scope panel, more or less like the original FB-111; they didn't do this one. The Early Modification (RSU48-0236) is the PAVE Tack modification that featured the Virtual Image Display (VID). This cockpit was used from the early 1980s through Desert Storm. The Late Modification (RSU48-0239) was installed in 41 jets after Desert Storm under the Pacer Strike program that also featured the large GPS antenna in front of the cockpit where the astro tracker was located on the FB-111A.