In early December I ordered and paid for the new F-16, “Fighting Spads” decal. As yet, I haven't received the decal. I’ve sent multiple emails with no response. I don't want to discourage others from ordering because there might be a logical reason for the delay. My hope is someone out there might have direct contact with Aztec.

On 1/6/2021 at 9:39 PM, BillS said:

In early December I ordered and paid for the new F-16, “Fighting Spads” decal. As yet, I haven't received the decal. I’ve sent multiple emails with no response. I don't want to discourage others from ordering because there might be a logical reason for the delay. My hope is someone out there might have direct contact with Aztec.

Same here.

I sent an email to info@aztecmodels.com on the 4th of this month and did recieve a response this morning from emontoya@aztecmodels.com. Saying my order had shipped and it was taking longer then usual.

Dustin

Just want to follow up; I finally got an email from Aztec confirming my order and the correct address. I decided to wait longer and it paid off. The decal for the SPAD 75th Anniversary jet showed up today. I’m sure it was held up by mail and customs and not Aztec. It is a really nice looking sheet with super colors and registry. I cant wait to build this jet as that was my unit for 9 years. I saw this airplane when I went out there to buy groceries at the base. I’m thinking about asking them what colors comprise the red and blue. My understanding is it was painted at the regionsl paint facility in Waco.

Like I said before you all have nothing to worry about Aztec. You will get your decals!

It is taking longer now for the post office and during Christmas it was horrible.

As a matter of fact, it took four months for me to get something from Russia and 

I don't have my order from Germany, that was last August!

I strongly recommend "Macho Mustangs" from Aztec.  OOPs, wrong forum!

Walter

• 3 weeks later...

1) Due the situation with the COVID-19, the mail services are really slow, specially international mailing, and also we must add that international flights have lowered for th seame reason, and is in this flights that the mail is send to other countries.

2) As everyone is writing to Aztec due the delays, despite it should be logic that it shouldn't be expected that the mail delivery be as fast as before the pandemic, the mail of info@aztecmodels.com is over saturated, that's the reason why their answers are delaying... or worst, the e-mails never arrive to them for the same reason.

3) Aztec has contacted major retailers in the USA to sell their products through them the same way Hannants in the UK does, but it looks no major retailer in the US is interested to sell Aztec products, but technically anyone, and I mean a single person or a retailer, who wants to sell their products, can contact them and they will offer them all the information needed.

As far as I can tell, my decals were sitting in Corpus Christie. Oh, I confirmed the colors with one of my guys at the 457th: Insignia white, red and blue. All fs coded. The o ly thing missing are the names on the canopy frame.

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered 14th December and shipped same day. Cleared Mexican Customs 6th January and promptly disappeared (even the tracking hasn't been updated since then !) Either my order is (a) on a slow boat via China, (b) being shipped via carrier dodo or (c) has disappeared into the ether...

I don't hold much luck for it ever arriving but remain optimistic!!

Chris

13 hours ago, waltmert said:

They are good people and produce a good product. Have faith!

So shitty that a person can not even trust their hobby now days!!!

Walter

I have no problem with Aztec - they shipped straight away! It's not their fault - this rubbish going on with shipping is damaging all of us small businesses (I say "us" as I run USAFline and I've had to stop shipping outside the UK as I cannot guarantee orders will arrive, even with tracked shipment).

I placed an order with Aztec quite some time ago (2 months?). Whenever I checked the USPS tracking app it always said that the label had been created but the package was not yet in the system. Then, one day last week it showed up in my mail box. I've had similar experiences with companies in the Ukraine, Russia and Cyprus. In the case of Cyprus, they are down to one flight out a WEEK! So you can imagine how backed up their mail is. So, don't get mad at the company you've ordered from, or really even the Post Office, you know who started the plague--blame him...

• 2 weeks later...

Their service is dodgy at best.

Only accept Paypal and delivery via mail, no courier or anything else.

Ordered Jan 10th or so, got a tracking number Jan 15th and as of Feb 20th,it shows my package somewhere in the UK where it failed to be delivered. Mind you I live in central Europe, nowhere near the UK.

Thinking about asking for a refund through Paypal.

But will definitely avoid Aztec in the future.

Edited by drake122
7 hours ago, drake122 said:

Their service is dodgy at best.

Only accept Paypal and delivery via mail, no courier or anything else.

Ordered Jan 10th or so, got a tracking number Jan 15th and as of Feb 20th,it shows my package somewhere in the UK where it failed to be delivered. Mind you I live in central Europe, nowhere near the UK.

Thinking about asking for a refund through Paypal.

But will definitely avoid Aztec in the future.

drake122 - Most US suppliers seem to be working this way now - do not forget Aztek are in Mexico and may not have the level of courier services we have?

It is taking a month for orders to get from Mexico to the US and far longer to Europe - but there do seem to be problems with things turning up in the wrong country!!

I ordered my decals on December 14th - they left Mexican customs on January 6 and promptly disappeared. This is NOT the fault of Aztec but even given the shipping problems we are seeing due to Covid, I no longer expect them to turn up as they have been "in transit" for 40 days or so now!)

I guess it's my fault for ordering direct to try and get them more quickly - they'll be in stock at Hannants before I get them from Aztec!!

Chris

38 minutes ago, UKPonchoMan said:

drake122 - Most US suppliers seem to be working this way now - do not forget Aztek are in Mexico and may not have the level of courier services we have?

It is taking a month for orders to get from Mexico to the US and far longer to Europe - but there do seem to be problems with things turning up in the wrong country!!

I ordered my decals on December 14th - they left Mexican customs on January 6 and promptly disappeared. This is NOT the fault of Aztec but even given the shipping problems we are seeing due to Covid, I no longer expect them to turn up as they have been "in transit" for 40 days or so now!)

I guess it's my fault for ordering direct to try and get them more quickly - they'll be in stock at Hannants before I get them from Aztec!!

Chris

How can that be your fault? They are offering a service and fail to deliver. And appearently it is not a one off thing.

My order is "in transit" for over 42 days now and lost somewhere in the UK. I think I have a right to ask for a refund in this case.

1 hour ago, drake122 said:

How can that be your fault? They are offering a service and fail to deliver. And appearently it is not a one off thing.

My order is "in transit" for over 42 days now and lost somewhere in the UK. I think I have a right to ask for a refund in this case.

Be patient. You aren't being ripped off--the mail is unbelievably screwed up all around the globe--even the tracking system isn't working right. I'm not sure exactly how long it took for my order to arrive, but it seemed like FOREVER! Then one day it appeared (and the tracking system said it hadn't even been mailed yet). Your order will show up too.