A-6A loadout suggestions?

On 1/7/2021 at 10:16 AM, Sabre Freak said:

I know you said Navy, but this VMA(AW)-242 Easter Egg load is worth noting.  Sorry I can’t find the website anymore that had pics of the real thing

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234998070-intruder-with-easter-eggs/

Here's the photo referenced:

1381854_716531345039687_605202187_n.jpg?

Not the only one of course with the painted eggs but that's probably the most posted pic for 242.

VMA(AW)-225 also had special Easter painted Mk.83 examples in at least 1971.

So, I am still debating on a loadout and a squadron. I ordered a 704 refuel pod, and am thinking I may try a tanker package. On the otherhand, I am also leaning towards the mines.

I am ultimately going to build several, and I already have the A-6E (non tram) and will also have a Tram build, this one I am working on now as an A model. I may do one more after that. I also have two EA-6As and a B and will build one more of each. Pretty ambitious considering I am not an Intruder guy. But once I build what I have, I wont be building anymore.

Thanks for the suggestions!

It looks like the A-6A can carry the Shrike, so that is what I am leaning towards, 4x and a CL MER with Mk.82s on it. There is a very narrow window early in the war, prior to the STARM coming out that I can model. (and doesnt require a B model)

Anybody have anything additional they can add?

Thanks!