P-51D Iwo Jima,quest and call for help

Hello friends modelers.I have returned to this hobby after long time.

Anyway.

I got new Eduard's P-51D Limited Edition 1/48 Very Long Range.

Model kit is fantastic.There is excelent paint schemes also inside.The most interesting to me is presentation of P-51D-20, 44-63733, flown by Maj. Paul W. Imig, CO of 72nd FS, 21st FG, 7th AF, IwoJima, March 1945.

This aircraft have art work on nose "Dede Lou".

Eduard have shown profile of that aircraft that it had art work on both sides of fuselage in nose section

I have found photos of real aircraft in book,and I can not show it because of copy rights.

I am asking for help in this project in next question:

I wonder does this aircraft have art work in insription of "Dede Lou" on both side of fuselage in nose section,because Eduard have presented this aircraft in their color profile that it had on both side,but I didn't manage to find photo of oposite side of fuselage,of this specific aircraft.

So please if someone of you guys who are P-51 experts knows something about "Dede Lou",please be kind to share that info with me,so that I can make model kit as much is posible realistic.

Thank you.

Happy modeling.

Edited by Mustang381

Dear freind,

Thank you very much.I have searched all reference materials on this blog that you have recomended to me. Also, I have all those books which are recomended, in this blog, and I can not find any photo from the oposite side of this aircraft "Dede Lou".

So, I changed my mind, and I need to make another one.

There is interesting paint scheme, also in the same box of this model kit,it is:

P-51D-25, 44-73623 flown by Maj. Harry C. Crim (later flown by Flt.Off. Theo Gruici), CO of 531st FS, 21st FG, 7th AF, Iwo Jima, July/August 1945

This color profile:

https://ibb.co/JK386Hb

I wonder, does anybody know anything about this aircraft,does it also had artwork only on the left side of the aircraft? On the nose, and on the cover of wheel bay?

I have found photos of this aircraft, only of the left side...not a single photo of the right side.

https://ibb.co/KD9H6wf

https://ibb.co/VMHrZgh

https://ibb.co/P9S5cnm

So, if someone knows anything about this paint scheme, or he have photo of this aircraft from the right side off fuselage,please be kind and share it with me so that I can make my model kit correct.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Mustang381

Hello

I am by no means an expert in this field, but I have a few versions of the "My Achin A**" I don't believe there is other artwork on it, other than the lady on the fuselage, the A** on the nose, & the other lady on the landing gear cover. However the Landing gear cover maybe dependent on the pilot? Not sure if this helps? Thanks

Ash

19 hours ago, Spruemeister said:

I've spoken with the blog owner directly and Andy asks you to send him a comment through the blog, and he would be happy to talk with you further about your questions. 

Rick L.

Thank you very much.I will contact Mr.Andy.

10 hours ago, ash74 said:

Hello

I am by no means an expert in this field, but I have a few versions of the "My Achin A**" I don't believe there is other artwork on it, other than the lady on the fuselage, the A** on the nose, & the other lady on the landing gear cover. However the Landing gear cover maybe dependent on the pilot? Not sure if this helps? Thanks

Ash

Thank you,this helps.