MiG-21bis 32nd scale conversion set

Thanks for this nice information!

It will make sense now to keep the Trumpeter MiG-21MF in my stash. The kit has a grossly inaccurate front fuselage section und a much too flat spine. With this set, those areas are replaced by the Coldwar Studios MiG21bis parts anyway.

May be, he could produce some MiG-21MF correction parts as well at a later stage?

8 hours ago, 11bee said:

Is there a decent resin cockpit for this kit?  Regarding the CWS conversion, it looks fantastic but is it me or are those clear bits pretty opaque?

IN DEVELOPMENT is the key word!

These are not final parts! Work is in progress.

Best regards

Gabor

• 2 months later...

Now this is something! 

I have had a 1/32 Trumpeter MF like 15 years (wished and got it for christmas present) and although I once was convinced it can be (pretty easily) turned into a decent bis with some work, I basically had discarded those hopes for good. From time to time I've dug out the kit from the abyssal depths of my stash and studied it in detail - just like I've studied the real aircraft live in several incarnations - only to realize it's a rather bad kit even as an MF. The nose is terrible, the spine as well, transparencies are hideous, a lot of the panel lines are wrong and the shape of many (if not most) detail parts in the cockpit, in the front avionics bay etc. are slightly wrong. 

So yeah, these resin parts certainly help to make it much less inaccurate kit and even turn it into a completely different sub type. It's interesting to see what else will be included with the set.

Was there any mention of decals, cause I do not remember seeing any? I naturally expect to see Finnish AF markings since that's the reason I got the kit in the first place. I remember seeing a Finnish bis made out this kit years ago but I don't think the source of decals was mentioned. 

But definitely good news! I've felt sorry for my kit because I just have not seen any prospects for it in it's current condition. This really changes the game. Will be following closely!