Any interest in having a bookend to a Phantom Early Years sheet - A Phinal Phantom sheet in USAF Service?

On December 21, 2016 at Holloman AFB, NM, the Retirement Ceremony and Final Flight of the last F-4 Phantom II aircraft in active duty Air Force inventory was held. Would there be any interest in doing a decal sheet for the markings of the last 4 Phantoms flown by the USAF on that day?This would be a great bokend for the Early Years decal sheets.  I was lucky to have attended a PhanCon at Holloman about 8 weeks before the retirement and shot a bunch of photos of what turned out to be the Phinal Phour Phantoms. I have not been able to see any change in the markings from the time I photographed them and the retirement ceremony (not that I expected they would make any changes). I did not know which or how many Phantoms would be in the last flight so it turned out that I have more complete documentation on some of these than others. Here are the last 4 USAF Phantoms to fly:

74-0645-(AF-336)

1379377730_Phancon2016Wed_0454_MJI09142016(Large)(Small).jpg.00b3aa7e9598ed67505e5f7b49ba8d48.jpg

74-0643-(AF-351)

74-1043-(AF-338)

74-1638-(AF-349) - This was the last Phantom to land

A really cool feature for a decal sheet for these last Phantoms is that each QF-4 has a different look so there would be no duplicates in the overall paint schemes. Kursda, I can send you a CD with the photos I took of these four Phantoms to help with the markings. We should also be able to dig up other photos should I be missing a particular detail. Having the markings for the last US Phantoms in 1/72 and 1/48 would be awesome! Maybe a Phantom Phinal Phlight decal sheet later in 2021? 😃

Have fun modeling

Mike

🍻

Edited by Mike J. Idacavage
photo
10 hours ago, hemspilot said:

QF-4E

What about the drone Phantom with the low viz tiger stripes, was it there?

Hi hemspilot

Looking through my photos, the QF-4E with the low vis tiger stripes was not there when I photographed them. As I believe these were the last of the Phantoms in the USAF inventory, the tiger striped Phantom was already struck off inventory.

Mike

On 1/10/2021 at 4:35 AM, Mike J. Idacavage said:

Hi hemspilot

Looking through my photos, the QF-4E with the low vis tiger stripes was not there when I photographed them. As I believe these were the last of the Phantoms in the USAF inventory, the tiger striped Phantom was already struck off inventory.

Mike

Thanks.

On 1/10/2021 at 1:45 AM, habu2 said:

Jake and I shot the last QF-4 launches at Tyndall, I don’t know his plans for a sheet. 

He put up a image of the sheet maybe 3 years ago now, it covered 6 or 7 of the Heritage scheme  jets. 

On 1/17/2021 at 11:53 AM, habu2 said:

Tyndall AFB, Combat Archer, Ma

5BAEq24.jpeg

I'm famous!!!  Dude, remember how HOT that day was??  Look at the sweat on my shirt!

Edited by jmel