Can Alclad 2 AQUA GLOSS go over future?

1 hour ago, lockheed2004 said:

Yes, but why bother using Future if you're using Aquagloss?

I sprayed a few drop tanks with future, but stopped using the future and switched over to Alclad II aqua gloss, which dried within 10-15 mins. I want to re-coat over the future to see if it would dry as fast as it did over the ones I didn't use future on. Most likely I wont be using future anymore due to AlcladII aqua gloss having a superior finish and a much faster drying time.

2 hours ago, lockheed2004 said:

Shouldn’t be an issue putting Aquagloss over future, they’re both acrylic. Aquagloss is superior to Future in about every regard.  Unless of course you’re looking for a mediocre floor wax, in which case Future wins hands down.

2 hours ago, lockheed2004 said:

Shouldn’t be an issue putting Aquagloss over future, they’re both acrylic. Aquagloss is superior to Future in about every regard.  Unless of course you’re looking for a mediocre floor wax, in which case Future wins hands down.

I just can believe how excellent the Aqua gloss works.  It has already knocked off 24 hours of dry time. I also picked up some Mr hobby gx100 super clear gloss, its kind of strong smelling so have to wear an approved respirator mask, but it works great also.  I'm a little skeptical spraying over decals with it yet. I will have to try some old decals and see how it reacts.

Kind regards, Sreve

You might want to be careful and let Future cure for at least a day or two before spraying Aqua Gloss over it since each dries at a different rate.  You should try AK Intermediate Gauzy Agent Shine Enhancer also if you don't want to put up with the strong fume from Mr. Hobby GX100.