CD48173 - 1/48 FJ-3/3M Fury

1 hour ago, Bryan H. said:

When you do your 1/48 FJ-3 Fury sheet, please include the markings for VF-51.  They're already on your sheet #72076, so hopefully it is not too difficult to include them on your 1/48 sheet. 

:cheers: & happy modeling, Bryan

The 1/72 scale FJ-3 sheets were basically an exploratory project to draw and test a bundle of FJ-3 art so that I would be ready for the 1/48 kits when they arrived 🙂 Many of those options will transfer to the 1/48 sheets.

I don't know my Fury variants very well...If that's a -3, lets have some Jolly Rogers Furies!

Maybe a VF-84 Jet too, so we can pose the once and future Bones squadrons together. 

Edited by kozlok
  • 1 month later...
26 minutes ago, Paul Boyer said:

So there must be another sheet with more white designs on it for VF-33?

Just like the FJ-2 sheets CD48171/CD48172 (which are coming back in a limited reprint in April), the FJ-3 sheets also have a second, extensive black/white sheet with markings such as modex numbers, white or black design elements, etc.

• 1 month later...

Wow! I may need to acquire a few more kits. Not only have you included VF-84 & 33 but also markings for a reserve Fury from NAS South Weymouth, my dad's old base. Honorable mention to VF-142 and VMF-333 as well. All great looking schemes. When do these go on sale? I will certainly buy both sets as soon as they become available. 

Edited by jpk
On 1/29/2021 at 9:07 AM, Spruemeister said:

FJ3fury-VF154scan1.jpg

Correct.

Also found a shot of a -2 with the wing root leading edge folded down and NOT attached to the ammo door.  Look behind the pilot's right elbow.  Also can see the opposite side below the belly.  KH instructions are incorrect.

FJ3pilot1.jpg

Both pics from my collection.

Rick L.

Modelers take note. Gray over white scheme. Interior gear doors are red and the struts are silver lacquer. Gear wells are white. 

On 1/29/2021 at 9:07 AM, Spruemeister said:

FJ3fury-VF154scan1.jpg

Correct.

Also found a shot of a -2 with the wing root leading edge folded down and NOT attached to the ammo door.  Look behind the pilot's right elbow.  Also can see the opposite side below the belly.  KH instructions are incorrect.

FJ3pilot1.jpg

Both pics from my collection.

Rick L.

Modelers take note. Gray over white scheme. Interior gear doors are red and the struts are silver lacquer. Gear wells are white. 

5 hours ago, jpk said:

Going to need a 1/48 bucket for the wing.  

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, Charlie D. said:

With Kittyhawk recently announcing they are closing up shop, get your Fury kits while you still can!

they’ve reappeared on the Hannant’s website, both the FJ-2 and the FJ-3 kits.

• 2 months later...