CD48202 - 1/48 USAF F-104 Starfighter

On 11/19/2022 at 4:41 PM, habu2 said:

Ahem.....

Navy-marked+F-104.jpg

I believe this was portrayed on one of 1/32 or 1/48 Victory Models sheets. 48005 precisely, cannot believe they never scaled it down to 1/72.

Edited by hemspilot
3 hours ago, KursadA said:

There is nothing to it - it will be a trivial addition to 48202 and its 1/72 version which will follow soon after.

Well then I'll push my luck 🙂

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/ea/F-104A_US_Navy_with_AIM-9_NWC_China_Lake_1960.jpeg/1024px-F-104A_US_Navy_with_AIM-9_NWC_China_Lake_1960.jpeg

• 1 month later...

This one is coming sometime in the February-March timeframe. The color sheet is somewhat dominated by markings for all four 479th TFW units but there is a good selection of F-104A/B/C there. There is also a stencilling/national insignia sheet and a black sheet with all the buzz numbers, tail serials and the like.

I intend to release another F-104 sheet with test aircraft, drones etc. later in the new year.

cd48202.jpg

Edited by KursadA

Kursad, your F-104 decals, with the addition of the Test Birds will effectively replace the Victory Models sheet.  Yea!!!  Please however consider on the Test Birds sheet doing both the GE test aircraft (another gaudy 104) and NASA F-104B #N919NA Howling Howland in natural metal scheme with the yellow NASA fin flash (aircraft updated with a "D" canopy and was used extensively on space suit testing for theGemini, Apollo and Shuttle suits and many other space related NASA projects).  

16 hours ago, KursadA said:

This one is coming sometime in the February-March timeframe. The color sheet is somewhat dominated by markings for all four 479th TFW units but there is a good selection of F-104A/B/C there. There is also a stencilling/national insignia sheet and a black sheet with all the buzz numbers, tail serials and the like.

I intend to release another F-104 sheet with test aircraft, drones etc. later in the new year.

Another awesome sheet!

So great that all 4 squadrons of the 479th TFW will be available. It must have been quite a sight and sound back in the day, all those silver Starfighters with colorful markings.

Cheers, Stefan. 

WOOHOO!!   😍😍😍

I was wondering if you could include the two small red/green lights on the intakes as decal stencils. Kinetic has them but Monogram does not. These light are very viable on the finished model, and should be included on the stencil sheet.

Also, will you have enough stencils to do more than one model? (Like two or three models?)

Scott

CNJC-IPMS

On 12/28/2022 at 12:18 PM, KursadA said:

The stencil sheet has already been printed a few months ago and has markings for one aircraft.

Kursad, this might be another candidate for your basics line. I  would buy one main sheet and three or four stencil sheets to take advantage of all the lovely markings there.

• 1 month later...

Those F-104 markings look awesome!

One of the 1/48 decal manufacturers is generating a good bit of buzz on Facebook over an upcoming release of early F-16A markings. Think the first 12 F-16s delivered to the 388th TFW (78-0001 - 78-0012) with black radomes, 474th TFW (NA), 56th TFW (MC), 8th TFW (WP), etc. We haven't seen 1/72 markings for these airframes since a very early Microscale set.

Fingers crossed, prayers to the gods offered. 🙂

As far as I know the Monogram kit is dimensionally very accurate and I see no reason why the markings will not fit.

One issue with the Vietnam F-104 sheet (CD48102) was that the large "USAF" for the wings did not fit the Hasegawa kit. This was perplexing as I followed the dimensions in the T.O. exactly. It looks like USAF personnel themselves had to deviate from the T.O. slightly and adjusted the kerning (spacing between letters) and dimensions. The new stencilling sheet in this set eliminates that issue and will eventually be developed into a Basics sheet. I intend to release a complete series of Basics stencilling sheets for all Century Series jets and current frontline jets sometime this year.