CD48202 - 1/48 USAF F-104 Starfighter

6 hours ago, IAGeezer said:

Stenciling set for a NMF or Look Alike Thud??? You, Sir will be nominated for sainthood!

That said, I can't wait for the Starfighter sheet. Thank you!

..and they already exist! I often get stencil sheets like this ahead of the actual sheet to bundle similar designs and save on printing costs. So the F-105 stencilling sheet (which will eventually be modified into a Basics product) is already here:

f105stencils.jpg

23 hours ago, KursadA said:

..and they already exist! I often get stencil sheets like this ahead of the actual sheet to bundle similar designs and save on printing costs. So the F-105 stencilling sheet (which will eventually be modified into a Basics product) is already here:

f105stencils.jpg

Well, I can't wait to test fire a couple of those beauties! Will these be available before, or after Valentine's Day? (Budget considerations, you know) Once again, Thank You!

• 1 month later...

I have a quick general question which is well illustrated by your picture above.

I was using the stencils out of the 1/72 Edward's F-4 sheet and noticed that the film carrier is square (or rectangle), even when the stencil itself isn't. Same as S5 or S20 in the pictures above.

Is there a reason to do this way vs trying to match the shape of the stencil?

I thought that maybe this was a printer requirement but the Mircoscale F-4 stencil sheet uses less carrier film on oddly shaped stencils.

Thanks in advance for your answer.

1 hour ago, cpoud117 said:

I have a quick general question which is well illustrated by your picture above.

I was using the stencils out of the 1/72 Edward's F-4 sheet and noticed that the film carrier is square (or rectangle), even when the stencil itself isn't. Same as S5 or S20 in the pictures above.

Is there a reason to do this way vs trying to match the shape of the stencil?

I thought that maybe this was a printer requirement but the Mircoscale F-4 stencil sheet uses less carrier film on oddly shaped stencils.

Thanks in advance for your answer.

For most designers it is much easier to draw a bounding box around the marking and use that as the basis of the film carrier shape. For a marking of this size I must have opted to do a simple bounding box. For larger, more complex shapes I often try to leave as little film as possible around the edges. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...