Just Plane Stuff Resin Carrier Decks - anything similar out there now?

A long time ago, something like a decade, I got a modern carrier deck section from Just Plane Stuff.  It was made of resin and had to be painted.  It has been the best modern carrier deck for dioramas I've seen.  I'd love to have a couple more, but they are long gone.  Does anyone know of any similar product?  The prolific cardboard versions don't enough depth and texture for my liking.  Zoukei-Mura have a couple pre-painted ones to go with their F-4J/S.  They are the next best thing I've seen, but one is a catapult section, and one has a part of an elevator...neither are the best sections for dioramas of more common carrier deck settings.

1 hour ago, ESzczesniak said:

A long time ago, something like a decade, I got a modern carrier deck section from Just Plane Stuff.  It was made of resin and had to be painted.  It has been the best modern carrier deck for dioramas I've seen.  I'd love to have a couple more, but they are long gone.  Does anyone know of any similar product?  The prolific cardboard versions don't enough depth and texture for my liking.  Zoukei-Mura have a couple pre-painted ones to go with their F-4J/S.  They are the next best thing I've seen, but one is a catapult section, and one has a part of an elevator...neither are the best sections for dioramas of more common carrier deck settings.

What a coincidence, I've had this in my stash since the early 90's. I'm currently working on it for my S-3B / ES-3A display. I attached it to a piece of 3/4" MDF with some two part epoxy Friday night. I'll finish cutting everything on the table saw so it's nice and square.

(edited)_IMG_6965(1).JPG

(edited)_IMG_7000.JPG

Your correct though, it is the best example out there, wish they were still available. I've not seen anything that comes close.

Steve

20 minutes ago, viper730 said:

Skunk Models workshop  AKA Kinectic has an injection molded one. I have one ,yet to be put into use, but It's pretty nice to my eye. It has the catapult and blast deflector.

HTH see it here. https://www.luckymodel.com/scale.aspx?item_no=SW-48020

I've seen/had that one in the past.  I agree it's decent, but I'm looking for just a plain old section without elevators or catapults that I can use for arming/fueling setups.  Or even just tied down and stowed.  I've been hoping someone somewhere bought the Just Plane Stuff masters and would reissue this, but that doesn't seem to be the case. 

3 minutes ago, ESzczesniak said:

I've seen/had that one in the past.  I agree it's decent, but I'm looking for just a plain old section without elevators or catapults that I can use for arming/fueling setups.  Or even just tied down and stowed.  I've been hoping someone somewhere bought the Just Plane Stuff masters and would reissue this, but that doesn't seem to be the case. 

No one purchased the masters of just plane stuff, and Dave passed from Covid a few months back. I spoke with him about a year ago about possibly purchasing the masters as he still had them all, and then the pandemic hit and put a wrench in that as I was no longer in a position to do so.

Edited by Charlie D.
2 minutes ago, Charlie D. said:

No one purchased the masters of just plane stuff, and Dave passed from Covid a few months back. I spoke with him about a year ago about possibly purchasing the masters as he still had them all, and then the pandemic put a wrench in that. 

Very sad news, RIP Dave 😢.

Steve

There are 3D printed tie downs out there too. Reedoak makes some.  Includes hooks but no chains.

http://reedoak.com/#!/1-48-US-Navy-carrier-deck-pad-eyes-5-spokes-set-of-14-pieces-with-12-chain-hooks-and-without-chain/p/69307155/category=15593073

Shapeways also has some available. A little more economical than the Reedoak but no hooks.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/86M6TJR4T/48-h0010-100-aircraft-carrier-deck-tie-down-point

16 minutes ago, A-10 LOADER said:

These are extremely well done but, they also come with a BIG price tag as well.

Steve

Those are very nice, but I think for that much money, I'd have to just make myself build it myself.  The big thing I feel like I'm missing is texturing the anti-skid coating well.  It's easy enough to drill some tie downs and make the expansion gaps.  I just haven't come across a good way of adding the anti-skid coating.