F 14 Tomcat pilot radio

I may be late to the game here but I recently stumbled upon this YouTube channel after hearing about it on Instagram.  There was a topic here recently about what you do before and during builds and just now I saw a post about losing mojo during a build. 

Finding this podcast on the Tube was perfect as I'm cranking through my second Tamiya f14.  Normally I listen to music or an audio book, maybe a documentary..but listening to the pilots and maintainers telling stories about the plane while I'm building was pretty invigorating.  Great stuff for Tomcat fans and aviation enthusiasts

2 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

Just as an FYI, the "Brian" in this episode is full of CRAP!!!

I was in VF-143 at the time (from Sept 96 to Dec 2000), we did not "lower someone into the front cockpit" to shutdown 123, they did not lower the JBD on that early morning launch (it was a normal launch and it was launched off of CAT 1, I was standing on the cat when it launched) and the reason why it didn't go with the rest of the squadron is because when we went to do the fly off it's nose gear would not go into kneel so we had to change the strut that night, we did swing the gear and launched it at first light off the coast of Virginia Beach.

When the pilot ejected while in the wire I was the Ordnance Shop LPO, when we lost the bird on the cat shot (A/C 102) and had to shot that bird off within site of Va Bch I was the QA LPO.

Brian is telling sea stories and everyone know that the only difference between a sea story and a fairy tale is one starts off "this is no crap", the other starts off as "once upon a time".

Edited by GW8345
10 minutes ago, GW8345 said:

Just as an FYI, the "Brian" in this episode is full of CRAP!!!

I was in VF-143 at the time (from Sept 96 to Dec 2000), we did not "lower someone into the front cockpit" to shutdown 123, they did not lower the JBD on that early morning launch (it was a normal launch and it was launched off of CAT 1, I was standing on the cat when it launched) and the reason why it didn't go with the rest of the squadron is because when we went to do the fly off it's nose gear would not go into kneel so we had to change the strut that night, we did swing the gear and launched it at first light off the coast of Virginia Beach.

When the pilot ejected while in the wire I was the Ordnance Shop LPO, when we lost the bird on the cat shot (A/C 102) and had to shot that bird off within site of Va Bch I was the QA LPO.

Brian is telling sea stories and everyone know that the only difference between a sea story and a fairy tale is one starts off "this is no crap", the other starts off as "once upon a time".

😆😆😆hey man..spoiler alert!!  I haven't listened to that one yet...same thing happens when I get together with a group of fireman..war stories start flying. Cool that you were there ..I've got a set 'dogs decals I might use but I haven't decided yet.  I'm loving listening to the pilots and Rio's...im actually changing the load out for my model after listening to these guys talk about the missions they liked the most