Looking for: Steel Beach 1:72 F/A-18A/B/C/D Hornet Intake Covers

So after doing a little more searching I found that Steel Beach released SBA72001 F/A-18A/B./C./D FOD (intake) covers.  They also have a selection of 1:48 scale Hornet covers as well.  While I can find a few 1:48 sets available, Icannot find any 1:72 FOD covers.  Can anyone give me a hand please?  K/r, Dutch

Edited by Dutch
  • Dutch changed the title to Looking for: Steel Beach 1:72 F/A-18A/B/C/D Hornet Intake Covers

I used a set on a Hasegawa Hornet build way back when they were current.

After they were no longer available, the compromise solution that I came up with was to fill the intake lip piece with Milliput.

I just pressed it in so that it was roughly even and flat on the upper and lower surfaces, and left it at that. They real world cloth covers are going to be a bit uneven, so I wasn't worried about it being super smooth. I would then paint them separately, and install the piece once the aircraft painting was complete.

Cheers,

Hoops

• 1 month later...

Hoops! 

You just reminded me of the classic 3M yellow foam ear plugs!  I will use those and trim and paint to suit.  Super cheap and readily available! Thanks! 

K/r, Dutch

3M.jpg.7d8df39d50266958e7a0cf769fb8995a.jpg

Edited by Dutch
add photo