Zoukei-Mura F-4EJ Kai Phantom II Phantom Forever 2020

I believe the only kits released so far are for the pre sale release.  I ordered one and it was supposed to arrive a bit sooner than the general release shipped direct from Japan and includes a smal commemorative item.  It arrived two weeks ago.  I believe a full general release will happen soon.  Great kit.

-Cliff

Edited by Cliff C
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, fulcrum1 said:

Picked one up at Spruebros. Anyone know the difference between the RF-4EJ and the regular F-4ej?

The RF-4EJ (as opposed to the recon nose RF-4E) is just an gun nosed F-4EJ that can carry a large recon pod on the centerline pylon.  There may be some cockpit differences for controls for the pod, but I haven’t seen any obvious external differences (other than the pod when carried).  I’ve seen both Kai and non-Kai RF-4EJs

Edited by Dave Williams
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/20/2021 at 7:43 PM, Dave Williams said:

The RF-4EJ (as opposed to the recon nose RF-4E) is just an gun nosed F-4EJ that can carry a large recon pod on the centerline pylon.  There may be some cockpit differences for controls for the pod, but I haven’t seen any obvious external differences (other than the pod when carried).  I’ve seen both Kai and non-Kai RF-4EJs

Attached shows the changes FineMolds is incorporating into their 1/72 F-4EJKai kit to produce the RF-4EJ (use Chrome translate or google Translate). Note that the radome is pre-Kai (old radar), and small changes to the gun cover around the vents (gun remains in the nose). The cockpit changes are also shown.

Gene K

4536318720423_06-1.jpg

4536318720423_02-1.jpg

Edited by GeneK