Tamiya 1/48th F-4B Phantom II (item#61121)

6 minutes ago, Ben Brown said:

"*Transparent canopy parts are partly painted."

I wonder if that means the windscreen clear part goes all the way down to the radome? Looks like it might be that way, just based on the color.

Ben

It looks like it goes all the way as per the F-14

This is great

8 hours ago, Ben Brown said:

Actually, we could use some good early VF-84 F-4B decals in 1/48. I had to piece together decals from 3 different manufacturers to get close. Hopefully, Caracal will be releasing some good stuff for this kit.

Ben

I'm buying three kits if I don't have to take out a second mortgage. I have a bunch of Impact decal sheets for Chu Lai and Da Nang Marine birds. I knew there was good reason to keep picking them up!

gary

This is a great surprise.  And a good move to do the B first (not predicting they will do other versions 😉).  Sure to be a good seller.  I can always find room for another Phantom.

Geoff M

3 hours ago, phantom said:

One can never have enough Phantoms.

amen! Especially Marine ones. Most folks have no idea, but right now is the real heyday of the F4b, but 53 years ago. Think Khe Sahn and the F4b's dropping gallon upon gallon of napalm all over the place.

gary

10 minutes ago, gtypecanare said:

did I see folding wings? Maybe the only real down fall was in the weapons supplied. Bombs and napalm are needed. Actually minimal air to air stuff. Anyway we'll figure that part out sooner than later. For a follow up, please be thinking about an F4j and F4 Skyhawks in the same scale being as nobody else seems interested at the moment. 

gary

As a kid in the 80's, I built a big beast of a Phantom 1/32, It might have been Monogram... just not sure. I fell in love with it, regardless of flaws or shape issues. It just looked so very cool! I've recently returned to the hobby, and 1/48 scale is my new thing. I want one!!!😎

Andy

Edited by ExchefAndy
Beer