Tamiya 1/48th F-4B Phantom II (item#61121)

1 hour ago, Alpagueur said:

which weapons will Tamiya put on in the box? your favourite loadout? some canister not in the list?

f4bload

From my understanding, it is only going to be missiles. AIM-7 and AIM-9 I believe.

12 hours ago, Dave Roof said:

That might be because you missed the point and probably didn't completely read all of the comments that led to mine. My comments about accuracy weren't about Tamiya, or their F-4B at all. 

What I wanted to say is that your truth doesn't really matter: it doesn't matter that the majority don't care, when the manufacturer themselves obviously don't care that they don't care 😉

If the manufacturer just goes for what the majority need, their products simply won't be cutting edge. We get better kits also because it's pushed by the expectations of the minority, not all but they represent the edge.

6 hours ago, Alpagueur said:

which weapons will Tamiya put on in the box? your favourite loadout? some canister not in the list?

f4bload

Nukes on stations 1-9 would be a real attention-getter.    Let's petition T to at least give us this as an option.  

3 hours ago, delide said:

What I wanted to say is that your truth doesn't really matter: it doesn't matter that the majority don't care, when the manufacturer themselves obviously don't care that they don't care 😉

If the manufacturer just goes for what the majority need, their products simply won't be cutting edge. We get better kits also because it's pushed by the expectations of the minority, not all but they represent the edge.

What the hell are you talking about? It's quite obvious what I was actually referring to went completely over your head and you still don't get it.

59 minutes ago, Dave Roof said:

What the hell are you talking about? It's quite obvious what I was actually referring to went completely over your head and you still don't get it.

Why does it matter that the most people don't care about accuracy? When you design your decals you care about thing like accurate colors, fonts, sizes... or not?? even most people won't care or notice?  

If your decals are the best, why anyone want an other that is not quite as good, I mean that's rather a legit question? Not acting like one is representing everyone else???

Edited by delide
3 hours ago, 11bee said:

Nukes on stations 1-9 would be a real attention-getter.    Let's petition T to at least give us this as an option.  

what about 4 x BLU-10/B napalm canisters on stations 2-8? also 2 x MK-84 would be huge.

20 hours ago, habu2 said:

Wait, what?  Is AMK releasing an F-4B ???

:popcorn:

Nope, but Kitty Hawk is going to release a 1/19 B-29 with full interior and 29-man crew plus a bonus commemorative coin of Mar-A-Lago... 

11 hours ago, shion said:

It's already said by Tamiya: 4 Sparrows, 4 Sidewinders and fuel tanks.

well that kind of rules out an in country Phantom! Lets hope they at least include the hard points. Otherwise it's going to need a bit of aftermarket to go up north.

gary

2 hours ago, Alpagueur said:

what about 4 x BLU-10/B napalm canisters on stations 2-8? also 2 x MK-84 would be huge.

yep! 750lb dumb bombs as well! By the way the napalm canisters used from Da Nang and Chu Lai were mostly the blunt nosed ones if that matters much

gary

10 minutes ago, ChesshireCat said:

trying to start another brand bashing thread? You failed miserably on another board.

glt

Not trying to start a brand bashing thread, just a humorous reply to Matt’s comment about this thread spiraling out of control. 

You must have me confused with someone else. This is the only scale modeling forum I post on, and I never started a brand bashing thread - not here, not anywhere.  

9 hours ago, delide said:

Why does it matter that the most people don't care about accuracy? When you design your decals you care about thing like accurate colors, fonts, sizes... or not?? even most people won't care or notice?  

If your decals are the best, why anyone want an other that is not quite as good, I mean that's rather a legit question? Not acting like one is representing everyone else???

I'm done wasting time with you. You still missed the original point.

19 hours ago, Tomcat Trebor said:

Furball Design is doing a set of decals of the kit. Looks good see their Facebook page.

Robert

In addition to Furball, I think Fightertown is also working on sheets. Bullseye is as well and AOA has some available.

19 hours ago, Alpagueur said:

the tops of the tails are different...Tamiya only includes one type (?)

Like the updates put out for the F-14, I'm sure there will be some 'conversions' available for this kit shortly after it's released. 

27 minutes ago, Dave Roof said:

In addition to Furball, I think Fightertown is also working on sheets. Bullseye is as well and AOA has some available.

Like the updates put out for the F-14, I'm sure there will be some 'conversions' available for this kit shortly after it's released. 

Dave your MERs/TERs and Mk.82 bombs are just in time for this release 👍

7 minutes ago, stalal said:

Dave your MERs/TERs and Mk.82 bombs are just in time for this release 👍

Yeah, I've been working on the CAD work a lot more since this was announced. I'll also be drawing up the earlier conical fins, as well as Mk-15 Snakeye fins. Several other Vietnam era ordnance is in the works as well.