Tamiya 1/48th F-4B Phantom II (item#61121)

5 minutes ago, jenshb said:

So the aircraft actually took off with the ladder extended?

No idea but I'd highly doubt it launched like that. Presumably it wasn't secured properly and it dropped down inflight or during cat launch.

Edited by ziggyfoos

The F-4 ladder can be extended by a switch in the cockpit, but it works/worked on gravity.  It has/had to be pushed up from the outside to stow it.  The ladder can't be retracted in-flight.

Edited by John B
24 minutes ago, John B said:

The F-4 ladder can be extended by a switch in the cockpit, but it works/worked on gravity.  It has/had to be pushed up from the outside to stow it.  The ladder can't be retracted in-flight.

Well,....you "could" but you need to be standing on a chair and have very good timing as the plane flies over you. Might not have a hand after but the ladder would be up.

8 hours ago, phantom said:

Well,....you "could" but you need to be standing on a chair and have very good timing as the plane flies over you. Might not have a hand after but the ladder would be up.

So afterwards you'd be called "Lefty" and the event would be forever known as "Lefty's Push"?

18 hours ago, jenshb said:

- the retractable entry ladder is extended...

Not an uncommon thing to happen. There was an airspeed limitation with the boarding ladder extended - 400 knots, I believe, but don't quote me on that. Obviously the pilot had to adjust his bomb release parameters to stay within the speed limitation.

Gene K

Flat rate $12 surface shipping (to the USA) if you’re willing to wait a few weeks to a few months. Their airmail is the cheapest I’ve seen for international as well. 
Just put it in your cart snd see what the shipping is to your location. 
brian

I have to wait til Next week but I'm gonna order a few from Lucky with the slow boat method and then one via Airmail ..I just ordered the Meng F-18 and air shipping was 17.xx

Edited by viper730
On 2/4/2021 at 6:41 PM, viper730 said:

I have to wait til Next week but I'm gonna order a few from Lucky with the slow boat method and then one via Airmail ..I just ordered the Meng F-18 and air shipping was 17.xx

$17 is a great price for airmail. I can’t mail a model across my own state of California for less than than that. 
brian 

8 hours ago, Brian P: Fightertown Decals said:

$17 is a great price for airmail. I can’t mail a model across my own state of California for less than than that. 
brian 

How big a box you trying to mail? I’m in Northern California, just shipped a 4 1/2 pound box to Southern California and it was $12.50 priority.

On 1/28/2021 at 3:21 PM, stalal said:

Any other company is not Tamiya and that is why expectation from Tamiya is much higher. Look at their F-16 kit. Its probably the best F-16 kit in the market. I have 4 of them. With such great quality and seeing how kit is jigged for a two seater (even its photo etched set has two set of seat belts!), is it unrealistic to expect from modellers like us to ask for a two seat version? 

Well I do agree that Tamiya planned on releasing a two seater, but they haven’t.  Which indicates they are still going to, but it has been a long time. Or they talked themselves out of releasing it. Likely as many others have pointed out, it is a business decision. Meaning they won’t be depositing as many gold bricks as we think they will. 

14 hours ago, Brian P: Fightertown Decals said:

brian 

I know right....BTW I just saw USA MSRP is gonna be $117.00

• 2 weeks later...