Tamiya 1/48th F-4B Phantom II (item#61121)

40 minutes ago, gtypecanare said:

Recently saw some information on the kit.

I can't wait for you guys to get this kit later this year, it will be a like or even better to F-14 Tomcats we produced.

Pass it along...we're thirsty for more info.

3 hours ago, gtypecanare said:

Recently saw some information on the kit.

I can't wait for you guys to get this kit later this year, it will be like or even better to F-14 Tomcats we produced.

Nice Can't wait to see your built up display sample. Gotta put that new work bench to good use right... Do you know yet if ground ordnance will be included...

I presume that all F-4B variants never were painted in low visibility schemes, while they were front line fighters.  Is that correct?   Secondly, was there a difference between the black and white painted radomes?  If not, why would there be preference for one color versus the other?

I am so ready for this airplane!  Frankly, I’m not sure that they could beat the engineering and fit of their 1/48 P-38F/G, which is outstanding in every way, but if they even come close, I’ll get a bunch of them for a carrier deck diorama!!  😊 And that’s given that I already have 2 Zoukie-Mura F-4s (F-4C and F-4S) in my as yet unbuilt collection.

Edited by Curt B
7 hours ago, Finn said:

Here is one with napalm, note the inboard pylons were removed:

IMG_0498.jpg

Jari

hi, which were the heavier napalm canisters to hang up on the inner pylons' TER (2 sides)? BLU-27s?

DSC02920a.jpg

Edited by Alpagueur
7 hours ago, Curt B said:

I presume that all F-4B variants never were painted in low visibility schemes, while they were front line fighters.  Is that correct?   Secondly, was there a difference between the black and white painted radomes?  If not, why would there be preference for one color versus the other?

I am so ready for this airplane!  Frankly, I’m not sure that they could beat the engineering and fit of their 1/48 P-38F/G, which is outstanding in every way, but if they even come close, I’ll get a bunch of them for a carrier deck diorama!!  😊 And that’s given that I already have 2 Zoukie-Mura F-4s (F-4C and F-4S) in my as yet unbuilt collection.

VF-21 and VF-154 painted their F-4Ns in low-viz at the very end. It's not a stretch to make an F-4N out of an F-4B. CTA does a decal sheet.

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/cta-models-025-phantom-shades-gray--1210434

1 hour ago, picknpluck said:

VF-21 and VF-154 painted their F-4Ns in low-viz at the very end. It's not a stretch to make an F-4N out of an F-4B. CTA does a decal sheet.

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/cta-models-025-phantom-shades-gray--1210434

Thank you!!!  I think I like the hi viz, but good to have options.  

16 hours ago, Curt B said:

There is also radome tan, which can be distinguished even in black and white photos. As always, check your references and decal instructions, but I think black was more prominent before 1966.

VF-213-Blacklions-112.thumb.jpg.b2fe6376381e66a7c17342f4286d4a63.jpg

Edited by Swordsman422