Tamiya 1/48th F-4B Phantom II (item#61121)

4 hours ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

Just like we'll see an F-16D too?

Hopefully at some point you might still but who knows. I wouldn’t mind seeing a D from tamiya so I could do 88-0150 right out of the box but I bit the bullet and bought a conversion. I also wouldn’t mind seeing a F-14B from tamiya too but who knows. None the less this F-4B looks great and I’ll get one at least. 

Edited by achterkirch
On 5/16/2021 at 12:00 PM, habu2 said:

ZZzzzzzzinggggg !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   

Been waiting 14 years... 

:bandhead2:   :bandhead2:   :bandhead2:   :bandhead2:   :bandhead2:   :bandhead2:   :bandhead2:   :bandhead2:   :bandhead2:    :bandhead2:   :bandhead2:   :bandhead2:   :bandhead2:   :bandhead2:      

I have feeling we will be waiting a lot longer for F-16B/D. Tamiya seem to limit themselves to only three boxing’s/variants of any given kit no matter how many possibilities there are. Three Corsairs, three P-47s, three Mosquitos, three Beafighters, three F-16s in 1/48 (four if you include Thunderbirds). More recent stuff like the Spit Mk1 and 109 have only one boxing so far but there is time as these are relatively new. I hope we eventually get an F-14b or late F-14A as they only need to tool the nose pod and the ECM bumps. They have everything else.

As for the F-4. I reckon it would be a no brainer to do an F-4J and F-4C/D, but that means they probably won’t.

2 hours ago, Brush said:

I have feeling we will be waiting a lot longer for F-16B/D. Tamiya seem to limit themselves to only three boxing’s/variants of any given kit no matter how many possibilities there are. Three Corsairs, three P-47s, three Mosquitos, three Beafighters, three F-16s in 1/48 (four if you include Thunderbirds). More recent stuff like the Spit Mk1 and 109 have only one boxing so far but there is time as these are relatively new. I hope we eventually get an F-14b or late F-14A as they only need to tool the nose pod and the ECM bumps. They have everything else.

As for the F-4. I reckon it would be a no brainer to do an F-4J and F-4C/D, but that means they probably won’t.

I sadly have to concur. But, I am glad to see the F-4B arriving on the scene of 1/48 scale

On 5/15/2021 at 9:16 PM, achterkirch said:

Hopefully at some point you might still but who knows. I wouldn’t mind seeing a D from tamiya so I could do 88-0150 right out of the box but I bit the bullet and bought a conversion. I also wouldn’t mind seeing a F-14B from tamiya too but who knows. None the less this F-4B looks great and I’ll get one at least. 

I'm all in for the F-4B and whatever follows. Just disgusted with the fact they never did a family model Viper.

I also keep holding out for an F-14B from Tamiya. It's probably the F-14 variant most ignored by the model manufacturers except for possibly the F-14A-75GR.  If Tamiya just so happened to leave the shrouds and nozzles for the A in the box as well, I don't think too many people would be upset.

2 hours ago, ChesshireCat said:

just when are these kits going to be on the shelves? I've got cash in my hand as I write this

gary

I believe June 20 (or there about) is the official release date.

I'm working on a test shot of the kit if anyone is interested - feel free to comment, observe, criticize, etc.

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?/topic/317452-tamiya-148-f-4b-phantom-ii-test-shot/

Believe me, I was quite surprised to be asked to build it.  One of the local shops in my area would sometimes get test shots of various Tamiya kits, and the man who owned the shop at that time would let people look at them to gauge customer interest.   But he never sold them, nor would he accept any offers to purchase or build them either.  After a while, he took them home to stash away.  The current owner of the shop approached me a few weeks after he received it, and asked me to build it for display at the shop.

The current mold as we (The Consumer) have seen it could see a F-4N in the future. 

Now I’m just speculating hear, it would be very interesting to see a early RF-4B come from this mold. However it’s unlikely 😕

Oh what could be🤔

Mr. Happy Just kicking tires. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/20/2021 at 1:59 PM, stalal said:

The frustrating part with Tamiya is that they seem to have different versions worked out in their moulds just that those versions never materialize. 

i know a lots of you guys are wondering why they don't do family version of the F-16...    ...but did Tamiya ever released a trainer aircraft?  (at all...not a italeri rebox) ...or a twin seater version of a single seater aircraft they did? 

On 5/30/2021 at 9:40 AM, mingwin said:

i know a lots of you guys are wondering why they don't do family version of the F-16...    ...but did Tamiya ever released a trainer aircraft?  (at all...not a italeri rebox) ...or a twin seater version of a single seater aircraft they did? 

Not a trainer version but they did do the single seat F-15C and twin seat F-15E in 1:32

On 5/31/2021 at 3:55 PM, habu2 said:

Not a trainer version but they did do the single seat F-15C and twin seat F-15E in 1:32

so, you guys can keep wishing... Good Luck!

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, dustiepal said:

The Tamiya F-4B will be released in Canada tomorrow Saturday, June 19, 2021. Wheels and Wings in Toronto will have them. https://www.wheelswingsestore.com/

Dave

I've purchased models from Wheels and Wings before, and it's hard not to send them an order right this second, knowing that they have have these airplanes ready to head out the door...  However, I see prices posted that are over $15 US lower, and for that savings, I can wait a few weeks, or perhaps more, especially since I know I won't be starting this plane for some time.  It would be SO COOL to have the plastic in hand, though!!  😊

4 hours ago, dustiepal said:

The Tamiya F-4B will be released in Canada tomorrow Saturday, June 19, 2021.

I thought I read that Tamiya stipulates that distributors, stores, etc, can't/shouldn't sell items until a specified worldwide release date. Is that not correct?

Gene K

Edited by GeneK
9 minutes ago, stalal said:

Why do we always see Tamiya kits released in Canada first? 

A mystery. Borgfeldt use to have sole rights in distributing Tamiya products to retailers in Canada but not sure what there status is now. The Borgfeldt site looks quite primitive now.

3 hours ago, Craig Baldwin said:

A mystery. Borgfeldt use to have sole rights in distributing Tamiya products to retailers in Canada but not sure what there status is now. The Borgfeldt site looks quite primitive now.

Borgfeldt decided to use a different shipment method that ensured they were shipped faster and received first. That is their secret. They decided to do it again. They didn’t do it for the last three 1/48 releases.

The kit is already released in Canada. My local shop has them in stock and I ordered one over the phone. They have six stores across Canada and their online inventory has quickly dropped to one.