Tamiya 1/48th F-4B Phantom II (item#61121)

On 2/15/2021 at 1:10 PM, gtypecanare said:

Recently saw some information on the kit.

I can't wait for you guys to get this kit later this year, it will be like or even better to F-14 Tomcats we produced.

Looking forward to it George.  Also, will take your “there’s also Q2” post as a bit of a hint 😉

Steve

I'm thrilled that this airplane is going to be out soon, whenever that may be, and I am also hopeful that it will be as extraordinarily fantastic as so many Tamiya kits have been and are.  I with we had some idea of what other variants they may have up their sleeves.  I'm thinking, now, that I may hold off on a ZM F-4E, until I can't stand not having one and feel assured that Tamiya won't make one.

I must have written here before about my hope for 1/48 P-38 J/L variants, and I am still very hopeful that will happen.  I guess we will see, eh?

On 2/19/2021 at 6:39 PM, Curt B said:

I'm thrilled that this airplane is going to be out soon, whenever that may be, and I am also hopeful that it will be as extraordinarily fantastic as so many Tamiya kits have been and are.  I with we had some idea of what other variants they may have up their sleeves.  I'm thinking, now, that I may hold off on a ZM F-4E, until I can't stand not having one and feel assured that Tamiya won't make one.

I must have written here before about my hope for 1/48 P-38 J/L variants, and I am still very hopeful that will happen.  I guess we will see, eh?

It might be awhile to get any variants Curt.  Tamiya doesn’t have the best track record in this regard.  I would’ve put money on an F-14B or P-38J/L this year and we get the F-4B.  Probably something else random next year 😂

Steve

On 1/25/2021 at 6:02 AM, anj4de said:

This is great news! The old Hasegawa kit is now absolete and even the Academy one will be only 2nd choice. I am all in for it. Will order as soon as I can...

cheers

Uwe

Hey, I'll buy all your obsolete Hasgawa F4B,J,N,S kits at a decent price no problem.

3 hours ago, Falconxlvi said:

It might be awhile to get any variants Curt.  Tamiya doesn’t have the best track record in this regard.  I would’ve put money on an F-14B or P-38J/L this year and we get the F-4B.  Probably something else random next year 😂

Steve

Oh yeah, Steve, I know.  As I wrote, we'll just have to wait and see.  It's not like I don't have enough OTHER models to work on in the interim! 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

Let's give this thread a bump up with some new gouge.

https://www.tamiyausa.com/shop/148-aircraft/f-4-phantom-ii-decal-set-a/

What is this...

More stenciling

Canopy seals

Center windscreen armored glass tinting w/canopy

Exhaust nozzle details

Happy Modeling!

Edited by gtypecanare
14 hours ago, gtypecanare said:

Let's give this thread a bump up with some new gouge.

https://www.tamiyausa.com/shop/148-aircraft/f-4-phantom-ii-decal-set-a/

What is this...

More stenciling

Canopy seals

Center windscreen armored glass tinting w/canopy

Exhaust nozzle details

Happy Modeling!

Where do you see all these details? There is no image on the link. 

George,

Thanks for the launch month. What I’m trying to figure out is will it be released in Asia first or the all regions internationally? What I’m preplanning for is where to place my order(s) so I’m assured to be the first kid on my block to get one!

5 hours ago, Scooby said:

If you translate the written description it says decals for VF-51, image show VF-21. It does say multiple decals options.

[url=https://postimages.org/][img]https://i.postimg.cc/FRZck19X/Tamiya-F4-B.jpg[/img][/url]

cheers

Uwe

Tamiya F4-B.jpg

Edited by anj4de