Italeri 2021 release preview

A couple of days ago I saw Italeri have announced their 2021 release preview.

ITALERI - Model Kit Preview 2021

PDF Link

https://www.italeri.com/uploads/news/AY8p8Mc4VebT1GVJ5SVhR0wRFuvMlyG6nbu5dgSD.pdf

Aircraft models wise it looks like the old AMT early B-52G with Hound dogs is finally being released by them and the 1:48th S-3A/B Viking is getting a rerelease too. the Lakenheath anniversary markings have made it to their F-15E kit (dont know that kit, is it any good?), The TR-1A/B is back with us together with the U-2R/S TU-2S.

CH-53E is back 

Yeah I think a lot of us have noticed Italeri's .... 

I dont know what to call it, but they put out a release to say they will be releasing something, and then you never see it again.
The Scania S730 Topline Streamline was announced a couple of years ago and nothing. Now its turned up again for 2021...
Im a big truck builder myself and want that model but Im not sure if I will see it in 2021.

F-15E.
I never considered it as when the F-15E was talked about it always used to be about the Monogram Promodeler kit which was then released by Revell...

Or should I say the version with the additional weapons was first released by Monogram a year after then initial Revell release which didnt have the weapons, then Revell came along a year later with the weapons boxing a year after that...

But because of that I never looked at the Italeri F-15E.
I would imagine it is just another F-15B with some E update parts...
I think the kit has some Mk84 AIR bombs though.

8 hours ago, sideshow said:

I wonder if the U-2 will be a re-release of the old kits.....

It is...
They have a good many kits that i feel need a rerelease. like the 48th SR-71 as it sells for quite a lot of ebay, but that doesnt mean it would sell well if its rereleased. Remembering it would be an old kit with a new price tag.

On 1/29/2021 at 5:35 AM, ElectroSoldier said:

It is...
They have a good many kits that i feel need a rerelease. like the 48th SR-71 as it sells for quite a lot of ebay, but that doesnt mean it would sell well if its rereleased. Remembering it would be an old kit with a new price tag.

Yup, perfect. Just listed my original sealed U2-R kit on eBay and will replace it with two of the re-releases from Italeri.......have two sheets of the Beale markings from Caracal.

1 hour ago, Niels said:

The TR-1 designation was a political/public stunt to revamp the "old" U-2R, and later the TR-1 designation was dropped in favour of U-2R. So answer is YES

1 hour ago, ElectroSoldier said:

Is the TR-1A/B and the U-2R Senior Span kit the same then?

While the airframe is the same, the kits are not.  The TR-1 kit is just the basic airframe with plain round nose superpods, and no extra sensors or antennas.  The Senior Span kit has the large Senior Span/Ruby antenna fairing on the upper fuselage and what appears to be the full Senior Glass package with Senior Spear antennas under the right superpod, the Senior Ruby fairing under the left superpod, and a large antenna farm under the belly of the aircraft.  Basically, the TR-1 kit is a stripper model and the U-2R Senior kit is the one with almost all of the bells and whistles.

The TR-1 kit also has parts for the two seater, but I don't think those parts are still in the Senior Span kit.

1 hour ago, sideshow said:

Yup, perfect. Just listed my original sealed U2-R kit on eBay and will replace it with two of the re-releases from Italeri.......have two sheets of the Beale markings from Caracal.

I did that a couple of years ago now. Made a right ol packet on it.... well over £200 i think it was 

1 hour ago, Dave Williams said:

While the airframe is the same, the kits are not.  The TR-1 kit is just the basic airframe with plain round nose superpods, and no extra sensors or antennas.  The Senior Span kit has the large Senior Span/Ruby antenna fairing on the upper fuselage and what appears to be the full Senior Glass package with Senior Spear antennas under the right superpod, the Senior Ruby fairing under the left superpod, and a large antenna farm under the belly of the aircraft.  Basically, the TR-1 kit is a stripper model and the U-2R Senior kit is the one with almost all of the bells and whistles.

The TR-1 kit also has parts for the two seater, but I don't think those parts are still in the Senior Span kit.

So with the U-2R kit you dont need all the Cutting edge upgrade parts anymore?

Italeri released two U-2R kits.  One was a “plain” aircraft that was just the TR-1 kit but with the flat side superpod noses in 1989, and the other was the Senior Span kit in 2000 with the  new sprue with the extra lumps and bumps.  CE did a Senior Span conversion before the 2000 Italeri boxing came out, so it’s really only needed if you want to upgrade one of the “plain” boxings.  According to this review, the Italeri parts are better in some instances.

http://acc.kitreview.com/cec48104reviewda_1.htm

Also, CE did a lot of other stuff for the U-2R/TR-1 kit, like dropped flaps, detailed cocktail, detailed wheel wells, detailed exhaust, and the ASARS II nose, all of which are still usable on any of the kits.

This is a good review of the accessories available for the kit.

http://hsfeatures.com/u2sda_1.htm

http://hsfeatures.com/features04/u2sdwa_2.htm