New 1/48 Eurofighter detail sets

Dear friends,

Following the Rafale sets here is a (small) new item which might be of interest for the Eurofighter crowd :) A very simple set covering the EF2000's auxiliary exhausts, both the wing root one and the tail ones which are missing in Revell's kit:

APU, including internal piping details:

50884949757_7744349ef0_z.jpg

Tail exhausts:

50884949807_a850622b0c_z.jpg

Let me know what you think!

Best,

Arnaud

Edited by arnobiz

For Eurofighter Typhoon updates I would like to suggest the extra missile pylons to allow a four  ASRAAM  loadout as carried by RAF QRA aircraft and also the centreline pylon for LITENING/ Damocles targeting pods.

On 1/29/2021 at 8:13 PM, Stephen said:

For Eurofighter Typhoon updates I would like to suggest the extra missile pylons to allow a four  ASRAAM  loadout as carried by RAF QRA aircraft and also the centreline pylon for LITENING/ Damocles targeting pods.

Thanks Stephen, I'll have a look at these! In the meantime the exhausts are ready for order 🙂

Arnaud

• arnobiz changed the title to New 1/48 Eurofighter detail sets

Thanks Chris!

I'm very excited to announce that the main exhausts are now ready for order :) In addition to the exhausts themselves a set of self-adhesive guides is provided to help with the kit correction/rivet-engraving. As always the objective is to make this an enjoyable, stress-free experience ;)

http://bam-models.com/1-48-exhausts-for-eurofighter-typhoon-ef2000-bam48005/

50913529578_aa4ee5a8a0_z.jpg

50914349707_f02ff411b4_z.jpg

Any feedback welcome!

Arnaud

• 1 month later...

Bonjour de 'allemagne Arnaud. Those Exhausts and Engines are a much needed and excellent addition to the 1/48 Eurofighter. It has been a hazzle in the past for me to do that and your sets make it a lot easier. Finally the kink of the nozzle feathers is in teh right direction.

If I may suggest: One of the very prominent shortcomings of the albeit very shape accurate but only little detailed Revel Eurofighter is the canopy frame. It is not only that the canopy is positione a little to far rear but more importantly the canopy frame is far more complex than what the kits are giving us. It is feasable in in scratch work but it is an awful lot of work. I am not sure how a correction could be done in resin or 3D print but this spot on the model is definitely an issue that needs to be addressed. I don't have my archive at hand at the moment but here is the link to my recent Eurofighter build and maybe it becomes visible what I mean. The images on page 4 might show the point I am trying to make. The best would actually be to sand the clear part down and give it a completely new frame that also allows to reposition the canopy correctly.

Maybe there are also some more ideas in there for you? :

In any case great work!

Edited by bushande

Thank you, your build is awesome, very impressive scratch building skills! I will look into the frame issue soon, for the moment I am super busy with a comprehensive F-15SG/SA/QA/EX conversion set, lots and lots of work but I’m getting there 😊

I’m also very close to releasing seamless intakes for the Eurofighter by the way, it is a very painful area of the kit!

• 3 months later...