New F/A-18E Super Hornet from Hobby Boss, 1:48, new tool

Haven’t heard anything, but that drawing makes it look like it’s gong to be a scale down of the 1/32 Trumpeter kit.  As shown the canopy is wrong in the same way it was in the bigger Trumpeter kit.  Namely, there should be a fixed small rounded fairing to fair in the rear of the canopy bulge on the upper fuselage just behind the movable section of of the canopy.  The Trumpeter/HB part has the entire bulge on the movable section.

You can see in this photo how the line representing the rear edge of the canopy cuts across the solid area at the rear of the canopy bulge.

https://www.airliners.net/photo/USA-Navy/Boeing-F-A-18E-Super-Hornet/5182149/L?qsp=eJwtjLEKAkEMBf8ltSIiiFynha0WljYheejh6S5JQJfj/t3d027ePJiRJL0Cn7iUDOrIwSZ3WlBm46dTN9ID5Z1MK9PxuuLleof6e7I4lOqUA3sR5ID%2B/ckU1i64zKlbS28bws6/tWlTe88DzxUE9wNN0xe/Ei8R

Honestly with Meng just releasing their kit, why bother with a Hobby Boss boxing?

Trying to steal someone else's thunder like they've done many times before?

This is the second time with Meng. Back then it was their F-102 or was it F-106 they did a presentation in a hotel hall with the kit in physical form and suddenly on Trumpyboss social media they announce the same kit with only CAD pictures

Takom Maus tank, Trumpeter announces one with full interior but only CAD images.

I can't remember if they had the same timing back in the day when Kinetic made the 'surprise' announcement they took over AA's Su-33 and Trumpeter announced they were working on a 1/32 and 1/48 Su-33 which so far hasn't materialized yet.

There might be more I missed.

Now this.

Edited by Inquisitor

Sorry, but even if it was so, would there be something wrong with that? Free market competition?

Besides, they announced them way before Meng did theirs, in the 2020/2021 catalog roughly a year ago.

Anyway, the HB kit can't compete with Meng detail wise, but they might be able to offer a cheaper alternative. Though, Meng seems pretty competitive price-wise, so not sure how HB can manage to low ball that price enough.

Edited by ijozic

Wow. Another Super Hornet. That's awesome. But I seem to remember HB announcing one to be released 2019 or something... Still. The more, the merrier. I just hope it'll be as good as their Legacy Hornet. And they get the windscreen and canopy right this time.

On 1/31/2021 at 7:44 AM, ijozic said:

Sorry, but even if it was so, would there be something wrong with that? Free market competition?

Besides, they announced them way before Meng did theirs, in the 2020/2021 catalog roughly a year ago.

Anyway, the HB kit can't compete with Meng detail wise, but they might be able to offer a cheaper alternative. Though, Meng seems pretty competitive price-wise, so not sure how HB can manage to low ball that price enough.

Free market competition is fine. It's the way they tend to ride someone else's coat with their announcements or reminding the public they are also working on the same subject. Like the obnoxious kid attending someone else's birthday party and reminding everyone there every few minutes that his birthday is next week.

18 hours ago, Inquisitor said:

Free market competition is fine. It's the way they tend to ride someone else's coat with their announcements or reminding the public they are also working on the same subject. Like the obnoxious kid attending someone else's birthday party and reminding everyone there every few minutes that his birthday is next week.

Just fishing here, but couldn't that be just your perception stemming from a negative opinion of Trumpeter/HB? 

Or, did you perhaps posted the same when e.g. GWH announced their F-14A kit being in development? Not like HB SH (which was announced a year ago) as being ready to release, but just being in early development stage when Tamiya was readying their F-14D kit for release.

Edited by ijozic