Having toruble with AKAN paints

working on my 1/48 Mig-31 using the AKAN paint set for the Mig-31 and I'm having trouble with it not spraying evan and beading up, specifically the overall gray and white, I'm thinning with the AKAN thinner and I'm washing the parts to remove and oil redisue from my hands...need some help! shooting at about 14-15 psi....

thanks!

What series number do you have? There is a difference between the 6XXX series and 7XXX series where one is acrylic and the other is lacquer. I am not an expert in their use, and the last time I tried, I was having problems like you are. Mine are the lacquer kind, which I think people generally say spray and adhere better, so I have bought a different lacquer thinner to try. My next build needs to use AKAN paints, so I'll be experimenting soon. 

In the meantime, try searching for all topics here at ARC that mention AKAN. There are a few threads that discuss getting better results with that brand.

9 minutes ago, Specter1075 said:

What series number do you have? There is a difference between the 6XXX series and 7XXX series where one is acrylic and the other is lacquer. I am not an expert in their use, and the last time I tried, I was having problems like you are. Mine are the lacquer kind, which I think people generally say spray and adhere better, so I have bought a different lacquer thinner to try. My next build needs to use AKAN paints, so I'll be experimenting soon. 

In the meantime, try searching for all topics here at ARC that mention AKAN. There are a few threads that discuss getting better results with that brand.

thanks! they are the acrylic series so maybe I'll try a different thinner....