AMK/SIO MODELS MiG-31 kits with extras

It reminds me this 😅:

51484470_862652527399058_792748763235798

51646014_862652610732383_410098728850948

51777761_862652674065710_136490089969614

It's the same problem. The author didn't know how to smooth his curves, so some circles became 64 edge polygones.

CAD beginner mistake.

And the Aires part's problem is called voxel lines, it's pretty cosmetic, you can solve it changing the print angle.

13 hours ago, ya-gabor said:

The end result is exactly the same no matter which way the final product is produced, be it:

3D print - - - >  product  - - - >  surface facets

or one extra step on the way:

3D print - - - > resin copy of the 3D print  - - - >  product  - - - >  surface facets

Best regards

Gabor

When I make new products, eliminating any print artefacts and preparing my 3D printed masters for casting by repeated sanding, filling, sharpening of surface detail, takes me about as long as or longer than than the creation of the CAD file itself.

Depending on the geometry of the item, there can still be a big difference between 3D printed original and a hand-processed master - and all my masters are printed on high res machines from very high polygon-count STL's.

Print capabilities are rapidly improving and for some geometries the balance has tipped towards producing parts solely by 3D printing, but in many cases hand-processing and resin casting still has the edge. But we are fast approaching a time where production economics, detail fidelity and precision can tip either way between 3D print production and resin casting.

J

Edited by JeffreyK