Heller Bouchier Spitfire XVI 1/72........

Starting with the old Heller kit, (also issued once by Airfix,) we find some wonderful old, short shot, warped black plastic.

helspit3.jpeg

spit2(2).jpeg

spit1(2).jpeg

Putty, thick plastic and sanding sticks are our friend.

Upper and lower wings were badly warped but after some time with the hair dryer all looked much better. I reshaped the rudder for better accuracy.

I sanded off all the raised detail for pencil panel lines.

spit2(3).jpeg

spit5(2).jpeg

I am going to do Cecil Bouchier's personal a/c finished in all gloss black with gold trim. Always a killer combo.

I have the "Lifelike" decal sheet, 72-006

Screen_Shot_2021-01-17_at_12.46.56_PM.pn

A coat of Tamiya fine grey primer followed by Tamiya Nato Black (my go-to "scale black").

My colored pencils were not working well on this so I used a pin and scored through the black to show fine grey panel lines.

The first decal I applied for some reason shattered so was replaced with a dark roundel that I will hand paint light blue later. All others went on just fine.

spt11.jpeg

sp4.jpeg

Not perfect but it does pass the 6inch-1foot test. I flat spotted the tires and Futured the canopy.

spit1(4).jpeg

spit8(2).jpeg

spit9(2).jpeg

spit13(2).jpeg
spit10(2).jpeg
spit11(2).jpeg

It is the prettiest color scheme on the shelf, stands out from the usual grey and green.

spit4(3).jpeg

Thanks for looking this far....

Edited by Allan31