Position of the total temp sensors, just inside the Phantom intakes ?

If you can wait until tues, i’ll be headed to nas jrb ft worth, formerly carswell afb. There’s an e and d on static and I can measure them for you. I don't think the intakes are plugged on either one. Those probes really measured pitot pressure for controlling the veri ramp position. This prevented an inlet shock wave resulting in a compressor stall

That would be fantastic, thanks !

I'm building ZM's J and I'm suspicious that their suggested position for these probes is too to close to the inlet lip.

It's hard to determine how far back they should be from images I can find but it looks to be around 24 inches or so ?

I'll probably try to scratch-build replacement probes from scraps of PE fret and aluminium tubing, hence dimensions of the probe itself would be awesome.

Many thanks

Piker,

I also PM’d you. Unfortunately both the D and E were plugged but on the E the tip of the probe is sicking out of the blanking plate. From the lip of the intake, I measured the vari ramp probe tip to be 25” back. Here’s a pic.

Bill

8791FEC5-D67C-440C-8429-555D49CE12A9.jpeg

Just replied to your PM.

Many, many thanks for checking this out !

On my ZM 'J' kit, the instructions show these probes to be fixed only c9 inches behind the lip, and well below half-way up the intake side-wall.

Looking at the outside of the kit intake parts, I'd say there are a rhomboid-shaped access panels in about the correct positions, so maybe ZM just put their probes behind the wrong panel ?

2nd edit:  Just looked at Rhino's seamless intakes for the Hasegawa kit... they have the probes marked in the correct position.

Edited by Piker38
Additional info.