So am new to AB, I have a Grex that came with a .3 MM nozzle. I have decided I would use MMP paints, and Vallejo metallics. The thing I am not happy with is either the MMP, and Vallejo metallic black primer. Neither seems to shoot very good. After thinking of switching to Stynalrez and watching YouTube I have seen it’s recommended to use .5 or above needle. So is the .3mm the problem. My pressure is around 20 and have gone up to 30 when trying to prime.

If your surface doesn't have too many flaws that would require sanding to fix, then you can try Vallejo acrylic-polyurethane primer.  Never had any issues spraying it through my 0.2mm nozzle at 18-20 psi.  You can also try AK 3rd generation acrylic primer.

I've shot the regular vallejo black primer with a .3 no issues. Ammo One Shot (same as Stynalrez) gave me an issue so I need to play around with it a bit more. I would personally use a junk kit and just keep practicing with it and the psi. Maybe look into retarder or thinner along with it. I was not impressed with MMP over vallejo primer. However, over Tamiya primer MMP was fantastic. Going to test out some more primer in the coming weeks. 

I did buy some conversion parts for my iwata to go .5 to try out. I've read the same thing about being more forgiving.