VF-143 Pukin' Dog 1/72 Hobby Boss F-14B

It is often the case that I join a group build with a number of first occurrences.

For me: - first Hobby Boss kit - first 1:72 F-14 - first F-14 since tweenage years.   About time to undertake all three.

I expect to build the box VF-143 with AG tailcode. Suggests it is: VF-143 Pukin' Dogs 162926/AG143 2004 OIF - USS George Washington

In my own strangeness, I have a family of models with 'AG tailcode assigned to USS Independence. (CVW-7 and others) After several hours on the internet, I have yet to find the F-14, Atlantic/ AG assigned combination. I'm all ears if the combination really happened. (If not, some what-if-er-y may happen post group build.)

This arrived in three weeks, Hannants to Toronto. That seems normal for the slow delivery option.

50927377363_7321302d90_w.jpg

I ordered it before the group build was official. When it arrived, I had these 1/72 Hasegawa flakpanzers on the bench and didn't want to make them shelf queens. I've assembled them enough to make them comfortable secondary builds; needing some final paint and weathering now. Dated kits but a high fun-factor for me.

50928187682_b822afcd4c_n.jpg

I can move the F-14B onto the bench.

Trite sprue shot and early office pictures.

50928062011_b320f80659.jpg

3 hours ago, Thadeus said:

Well according to this:

http://www.gonavy.jp/CV-CV62-01f.html

Indy was last deployed with CVW-7 in 1977. No Tomcats on board.

Here are all the CVW-7 deployments.

http://www.gonavy.jp/CVW-AGf.html

Hope this helps a bit.

Thanks! Great resource/link.

My own searches turned up similar. Figured I would ask. One never knows about special missions or unusual deployments.

If all else fails; Some what-if-er-y may occur after the build.